Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Fizzy's V6 Swap

Size 12 shoes and a V6, The ladies are gonna love you. :D

So thats what woke me up :)

Will have to take a look at this beasty soon.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

well done mate!nice to hear its all finished at last!:clap: so whats the next project then?

I guess the next project is sleeping well. :)

Good to see the welsh are taking it :welsh: :)

Congrats to Tony and Jon on a job well done here :clap:

When I was there on Monday Tony gave it a turn over and blipped her a couple of times and all I can say is 'wow'. The sound was fantastic in that workshop with the close accoustics.

All it did was increase my desire to get this beast of an engine in behind me.

Must thank Tony again for some little hints and tips he gave me whilst there.
    Stephen
    Calling No. 25 1.5 SE

Great news, glad it all came together in the end, fizzy you must be most pleased.

Well, back in work this morning, and all I can think about at the mo is taking my car out for a spin lunchtime. :boogie:

The drive home was fantastic! 2 hours of a road and motorway driving (plus a couple of tunnels :thumbsup: ) in the early hours.... fantastic!

I can see me giving loads of rides in it over the next few weeks, so will probably do an "owners report" or something later to let guys know about mpg (pah! Irrelevant ;) ) performance and the like. :D

I was right though, it is loud..... although when under light load/throttle (or when you keep the clutch in) all you can hear is wind noise on the motorway! Fantastic. :thumbsup:

So - thanks guys for alll the effort, sweat, blood and tears you put into my conversion. Great job! I'll drop a few emails now and again to let you know how she gets on.... although no doubt I will post it on here anyway!

Go on peeps.... you know you want to! V6 it. ;) :hidesbehi
    Last edited by Fizzy; 21-09-2006 at 12:55.

Maybe keeping the mongoose may not have been such a good idea... ;) :hidesbehi

Was out for lunch, of the roundabout down the dual carriageway. Moved into the outside lane to get past a slower moving vehicle, accelerated..... just a little over the limit (no really!) in a 50 zone. Pulled back in, trundling along - when I spot a car zooming up from a distance behind me in my rear view mirror. Checked my speed, made sure I was at 50 etc...

....but even though there was plenty of road left before the next roundabout, the car pulled in behind me. There are lights at the end of dual carriageway, leading onto a roundabout - they were green - but changed just as I approached them. So theres me, sitting at the lights (engine ticking over, so thankfully reasonably quiet.. ;) ) with a police car sitting behind me, getting a bit panicy, with a sinking feeling......

...light eventually change (seemed like aggggeeeesss), I go left (as intended) and he goes straight on. Phew!!

Still..... was worried there for a minute. Would like to think he was just curious what I had.. :D

Perhaps I should go for a quieter exhaust? :rofl:

Leave it as it is, at least until I've heard it so can give my thumbs up
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    back of the net chaps! worth all the waiting arent they fizzy! now go convert the masses :)

well done guys.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here