Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Fizzy's V6 Swap

Fiz know what you mean fella ! Only gargae I have ever found is an old shack in devon with 3 guys with an avergae age of about 65 I rekon and took my first MK1 there for clutch kit, I was horrified when I saw it but then they took me into the workshop where I found an aston martin on the ramps a porsche having a new engine (old school porsche at that !) and think it may have been a lambo in there but not sure ! They did the job in less than book time and found me a clutch kit for ?100 cheaper than quoted and passed that saving onto me and re-did my alternator belt at same time for me for nowt apart from belt cost ! They were amazing and would have trusted them to do anything on my car !
    Makes it worthwhile when you find someone you can trust on your car for sure !

From fizziepop glad to know you have found source of problem ,nobody is infallable from what we saw when we fetched fizzy up that sat both his mum and i were very impressed with it ,it looked and sounded like an M.R.2 should and also you stuck with it till you found problem good on you .all the best keep up the good work .yours Fizziepop

Phew, finally I get five mins to come see whats wot on t' forum, 'n' there's Tone wearing clown shoes pulling in with a "steaming car" (doh) with the doors falling off and the bumpers going round and round, hehe. Don't be so har on yerself matey. (even though I asked ya if they were on the right way round the day you installed em, chuckle) At least we know what it is now, and you have shared it with on the forum for other folk's benefit, that's what counts matey.

Cheers for sorting it out by yourself too by the way (for everyone who doesn't know by now, I have taken on some work that I would have been a fool to turn down, but does involve me working long hours and traveling around the length and breadth of the country, sometimes with just a days notice. it's tuff, but the coin reflects that aspect : ) Feel a bit guilty really 'bout it really, but what can I do, bills need a payin. We'll take the gasket costs outta the final payment, after all, I was only 3 feet away when you put them on, I could have had a scan meself really couldn't I ?

Thanks for you patience and understanding Fizz, you're a dream customer matey. As we said from the begininng though, we won't let you take your car away untill we are completely satisfied it is 100%

Hopefully I will be around when the big day "driving away day" comes :)

Cheers

Jonno
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

well done guys. good news really, something as mundane as gaskets wrong side!.. I bet theres nowt you don't know about them engines ...
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Well,

Just been informed this evening by fourveesix that everything is back together with new headgaskets and a fresh oil change. Run up to temp in the garage, and it all stayed at normal, fans kicking in/out as required, even when the heater was put on cold...

...so all being well all sorted now! Just pending a road test or two now to make sure everything is a1, and then its collection time... :boogie:

soon..... :D

Glad its finally sorted!!! Bet you can't wait now fizzy!!! Unleash the beast!

Splendid!

How the hell is he going to road test it whilst wearing clown shoes? Maybe I should get on a train?

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

fizzy cant wait to ee/hear this blasting round south wales !

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman
    Splendid!

How the hell is he going to road test it whilst wearing clown shoes? Maybe I should get on a train?

O.S.
    He's got a suitable road testing gizmo, otherwise known as a younger brother with suitable insurance. ;)

Although with size 12 feet, I sometimes feel like I'm wearing clowns shoes, especially when its a smaller car.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    fizzy cant wait to ee/hear this blasting round south wales !
    ...and hear it they shall, for it is pretty loud... :boogie: