Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fizzy's V6 Swap

Fizzy's V6 Swap

Well chaps we have been asked to do a swap for a fairly new member to Two brutal, namely Fizzy. He did originaly ask Paul to do the swap, but as you all probably know he is fully booked till November. As Fizzy would like to take his converted car to a show in mid August, he enquired via this forum if anyone else was prepared to take on the swap instead.

So, we offered to to the swap and after a few eMails, phone calls and stuff, he brought his Camry donor to us yesterday on his way back from buying it. After seeing my car and its nice shiney engine bay and me taking him for a quick spin in it, I think he was rather impressed by it's performance and swap quality - note he has a mk2 Turbo right now, with a blown snail.

The Camry donor, is a real cracker and an absolute sin to destroy really. It has covered 197k miles, but honestly you would not know it if you were to see it and hear that gorgeous engine. The body is in near perfect condition and the vehicle has a full service history up to 162k miles!

So as we currently only have room to store one car, we decided that the Camry just had to go as quickly as possible. So today was spent mostly stripping the donor car into it's component parts. The engine was not removed, but is ready to come out first thing tomorrow morning.

Here are some piccies of today's Brutality for your viewing pleasure.

Note, the absence of a grinder or burning tackle usage - we must be slipping :)
    Last edited by Peebs; 27-06-2006 at 20:18.
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Bloody amateurs! We demand the real Peebs! Get the grinders or leave this forum! :D

thats a seriously nice donor. Wouldn't bother pulling it apart having seen the insides of mine after similar mileage, just drop and swap!

Bloody hell thats a quick bit of stripperage for sure! took me a day to drop the 3sgte on its own! who selling the parts then ;) nice work
    the car infront is a toyota MR2 mk1.5 :p

Glad to hear it's on Peebs!

May you live in interestig times! (Oh hang that's a curse isn't it? Oh well you get the idea!)

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

You guys are definately gonna need to keep taking those pics,
    It can turn into a how to for a mk2 conversion

:hmm: actually be quite useful for me :shifty:

It drove well on the way there too. Was starting to get to like it too much. :icon_conf

....but the rear view mirror kept on drooping all the time. It had to go. :twisted: Ok, so it also had some worrying clonk from the suspension at times, and it looked like it may have been in a little front end shunt - when opening the bonnet, it was catching on the wipers.....

I'm the 3rd owner (this time not lucky for it though :P ) and the 1st owner appears to have maintained it well - hence all the paperwork upto 165k. Shame the guy I bought it off seemed to just run it around regardless for the last year.

Never mind, its no matter to me now. :D

Didn't look that clean when I dropped it off as it looks in the first pic, honest!! :P

LoL@Jiffy, don't worry there is plenty of brutalisation planned for the near future :) And the inside is as good as the out matey, the ciggie lighter has never been used, neither has the ashtry, bit of wear on the driver's seat, but thats about it. Pristine motor for its age.

Cheers for the comment on progress, Karmeleon. It took a lot less time than we expected tbh, but then again there were two of us on the case.

More piccies to follow too

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy
    ....but the rear view mirror kept on drooping all the time. It had to go. :twisted:
    Haha, I see, ah well, we certainly ain't puttin it back together again if you change your mind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy
    Didn't look that clean when I dropped it off as it looks in the first pic, honest!!
    We didn't bother cleaning it matey. Does look good though, the flash bought out the paintwork really nicely wethinks. :mrgreen:
    Last edited by Peebs; 26-06-2006 at 21:30.
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

going into business then lads? look forward to seeing another nice swap .. jeez..im getting sick of saying that on this forum ! . the force be with you
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Nice work chaps... If you want a hand, i'm not doing much this week (other than playing supercharger) and wouldn't mind a peep at whats goin on?

That came apart mighty quick :icon_eek:

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    nice work lads! bloody hell no messing about there....fizzys in good hands,the phones always answered at woodsport if you hit a snag or need a part.

Nice little unit there too chaps! :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast