Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiffs mk1 v6 swap

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    Jiff no good telling Adam where the oil came from as Im sure hes forgot what the oil cooler on the 4AGE is as it s been so long since he saw one !
    ^^ hahah.. dont doubt my memory fella, its well polished :hand:

Attachment 237

hey jeff, it wont sink thats for sure!.. thats some ship engineering on them mount bases there!. did he rip them plates apart or what?
    Last edited by adamh; 17-08-2006 at 21:40.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Overengineerg... I like it .... as taken from the tb euphemethingys :

"Well Engineered" - making engine mounts out of thicker material than the steel in the Sydney Harbour Bridge

Sounds about right to meeee...

Anyways I don't know what you mean about cheeky comments jiffy

Looking good Jeff, some good progress there, what G-box are you using btw ? Sorry if you posted before somewhere else can't find it. Or is it oh so very sekrit ? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon
    Whilst I cursed, hacked out and resoldered, BSM was busy in the bay grinding away. (waiting for the obvious comment from Peebs or Goldy)
    W..Wh.Wh...Who me ? ...take this piss outta BSM...erm. No, no...not me mate...

Just out of curiosity though which one of you was it in there with him ? Dave or you ?

Of feck what have I said...

Great progress though guys, me loving the weldy bits too
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    thats some serious reinforcing lads! totally unnecessary of course lol but good to see anyway! the areas that could do with beefing up are the inner wings just above the chassis legs,i believe JB double skinned these areas...i did the pass side on lodges as it was really weak...you can never have too much strength!

Ah hobnobs on the job,its impossible to do any real work without them. :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Well, I just sit back and let the boy get on with it! There's been mumblings about triangulation and reinforcement - I just nod sagely and say "Oh yes...."

Overkill is good - Pretty much somes up the twobrutal way; "If some is good, and more is plenty, then two much is just about right"

Peebs, gearbox is the E153(rev2 tubby) with LSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon
    Well, I just sit back and let the boy get on with it! There's been mumblings about triangulation and reinforcement - I just nod sagely and say "Oh yes...."

Overkill is good - Pretty much somes up the twobrutal way; "If some is good, and more is plenty, then two much is just about right"

Peebs, gearbox is the E153(rev2 tubby) with LSD.

Mmmm, overkill...I love over kill.

Yep best just sit back and watch Jiffy, your man there is doin a great Job. Over kill is always better - and I'm sure BSM is the sort of guy that wouldn't have it any other way.

And definately the TB way...if you are gonna do it...do it right.

BTW Jeff,

LSD! LS-EFFIN DEEEE!

YA BAST!

Don't like you nun more mmm-k !!!
    Last edited by Peebs; 08-06-2006 at 23:51.
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Bit more work done this weekend;

Firstly, based on Mr Woods exscapades with Lodge's engine, decided it might be worth double checking the clearances on my heads before building them back up. Bought a set of feelers and bunged them under. Clearances were even tighter than my budget! So..... Heads have been sent back to engineers for them to sort out as I CBA to do it myself!

Plenty to do in the mean time....

Firstly, my I suggest a new chef for JAE? His speciality is suspension bushes, marinated in WD40!

Yup, today saw the suspension bushes getting done. I'd decided on black ones instead of the usual red. Almost competes with the fuel pump swap on the "goddamn awful" scale. But we got them done!

Equally up there on the "goddamn awful" scale was removing some of the bulkhead sound deadening. Discovered 3 new swear words courtesy of BSM as he chipped away this stuff in order to get the harness mount plates welded to the bulkhead.

Finally, we got the big brake conversion on - Well, nearly on; We're still waiting on some carrier brackets for the rear ;). Looks very nice on; Tight under the 15's but there's about 7mm of clearance between the caliper and the rim. Overall effect is very subtle - Just what I want!

Last edited by Jiff Lemon; 26-12-2013 at 15:50.

Good work!

Would someone please point ot to BSM that pallets are wooden and hence do a good line in burning... :hidesbehi

Keep it up lads,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

this might be a daft question but what are the discs/calipers off as i am liking them very much and also the fact that they fit under 15" rims, looking good on the rest of the job, keep up the good work!!

BSM now stands the bloody sycho (yeah I know it aint spelt like this but for the sake of this it does ok !!!) man ! Those pallets are possibly more combustable than a combustable thing on a combustable day !

Jiff any pics of how your mounts will be for the harnesses as about to start that job once I work the seat rails out for the buckets ! are you just welding thicker plates in as load spreaders for them ? you also still keeping the seat belts and is it 3/4/5 point harness ?

Rest is looking spot on fella !

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast