thread: Jiffs mk1 v6 swap

Jun 2007
    Have the same rad also, same issue with shroud lugs not lining up and same issue with o rings perishing, o rings are ten a penny tho so no real panic and the access is good

Jun 2007
    Amazing Jeff, well done :thumbsup:

How I love the smell of two-pack in the morning.
    you really shouldn't be sniffing 2 pack at any time of the day, very nasty stuff!

Nov 2008
    London
    you really shouldn't be sniffing 2 pack at any time of the day, very nasty stuff!
    Apparently it's packed with arsenic and my hair and teeth will fall out....unfortunately Mark it's too late!!!

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Jun 2007
    Cyanide actually (its in the hardener), doesn't make hair or teeth fall out but it does cause asphyxiation lol....wait that's not funny, I once had a poor fitting mask and was quite Ill and shaky after spraying, a good cup of tea usually helps tho

Jul 2005
    Milk and Beans
    Little update on today's work.

Spent most of the day flattening down the other parts ready for paint (front and rear bumper, side sideskirts, front lip, engine lid, engine sides, petrol cap and side vent) and thought I'd do the mirror caps too. Door mirrors - what a Pain in the arse they are!

Removing the mirrors from the doors is simple enough, but the caps?

Two screws underneath remove the mirror cap from the triange base. But then the wire won't pull through the triangle base without resorting to cutting the plug off. So, two more screws and you side cap is off the base. Pop the glass off, four screws hold the motor to the cap. Three more screws and you can possibly slide the motor out... No, wait... not enough room....

Turn the motor over, undo another screw, prize apart and finally you can get the motor out!

New windscreen is getting fitted next week (the old one was cracked), so in preparation, I thought I'd black the top of the dash.

this:

led to this:

and whilst the satin black was out I did the windscreen trims too

I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Nov 2006
    Sunny Worksop
    Beetle looks interesting

Jul 2005
    Milk and Beans
    That beetle is the work of the devil; It's owner is eventually dropping a water cooled alfa engine in it.

Anyhoo, this weekends work saw lots more little jobs done.

Those bloody mirrors - One thing that bugged me with them, was then when you polished em, you'd get wax stuck in the raised lettering underneath. So some 160 grit paper later....

Did them both, then knocked them over, cracking them both. After counting to 20, and using several more expletives than i thought I knew, I had a cup of coffee and moved on..

Refitted the rear lights, boot panel, lock and cable pulls...

Then finally attempted the big jigsaw puzzle that is the side seals and associated trim!

Both the door shuts with a satisfying thud now.

Then had to come home to rummage through the shed to try and find the missing parts - Thankfully most have been locate

Jun 2007
    any more progress?

Jul 2005
    Milk and Beans
    not for a while - Been a tad busy at work, so have lost many a weekend

Jun 2007
    fucking work,

always getting in the way of the really important stuff!