Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Jiffs mk1 v6 swap

Quote Originally Posted by AW11mike View Post
    the MR2 is looking great! it will look really nice that colour! :)
    thats just the primer, it'll be going back to the standard Mica Blue.

The teaser pic is actually my take on Nik's classic papal vent.

I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

excellent job on the holes, love the rads
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

For the first time in a LONG time (thank you work) I got to play with the MK1.

She's still in primer, bodyshop man is A) a perfectionist and B) doing this as non paying work!

However, today saw this happen:

which was shortly (ok, 4 hours later) followed by this being on the floor

I've reached a point on the new engine where I've loaned out several bits and forgot who to, so need my old engine to swap stuff back over! Did have a generous offer of spares from Chris woods, but figured this may hurry me along a little quicker.

I also got two of those coilovers welded up - should have been four but I've managed to lose one of them and it seemed silly doing 3!

Time for some beers!

Very nice progress there jiff you could even have it ready for jae this year.

good job, anything i can help with pm.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Did anyone else feel slightly odd today? A strange feeling in the Mk1 force?

It may be because Jiff has been secretly working on the Mk1.... :eusa_shhh:

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    You little tinker.

So where's the update with lots of pics?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I think I need a day to 2 to let it settle in....

Still lots to do, but a BIG chunk has been done.

hmmm something looks very familiar on this page

Ok, so I've calmed down a little... Had a bit of lay down and got around to uploading the pics to photobucket

So on saturday, we finally got around to doing this:

It was then time to break out the paint......

Giving me something looking like this....

I know it looks very dark, but that's a combination of the booth lighting, being photographed through glass doors and a poor camera!

In daylight, it looks more like this:

Still LOADS of stuff to do - Flat and polish the the paintwork, order more paint, find all the other bits and paint them (skirts, spoiler, Engine lid, engine sides, mirrors, bumpers, headlamp covers and splitters), but at least it's finally going in the right direction!

:thumbsup: