1234511 ...

thread: Jiffs mk1 v6 swap

Jul 2005
    Milk and Beans

Jiffs mk1 v6 swap

Whilst most have you have probably been basking the the glorious sunshine, I've finally decided to get the ball rolling on the swap! As the beatles so eloquently put it, I'll get by with a little help from my friends, so BSM and my workmate Dave were called into play.

Spanners a flying, we soon had the 4-age ready for the out

Hardly a threat to Mr Woods's times, but hurrrah! the 4-age is departed

The obligatory "empty engine bay shot" is tricky when its a 3 man job!

But wait, I've a cunning plan!

Forget the 4a-ge;
    Forget the tubby motor or the v6.
    In fact, you can even forget the v8!

I've found something far more powerful to power the two! It's going to have everything on the road running scared - Ladies and Gentlemen of Twobrutal, allow me to introduce the must have powerplant for JAE.

The BSM! :D

Amongst the noise from the engine bay of FBH's, humongus drills and very little swearing 8O, Dave and I contended ourselves we stripping out the interior of the car in order to lay the new battery cable from front to rear. Utilised the existing cable tidy track too, as the carpet is all going back in there (like my creature comforts!).

And thats been it for today; A minor panic over driveshafts which only went to prove if you don't actually look at what you've already got (which includes undoing the miles of bubblewrap) you end up sounding like a plonker when you phone Mr Woods

However, I did manage to take a snap of some of the goody bits that are still to be fitted.

Last edited by Jiff Lemon; 26-12-2013 at 16:35.

Jun 2005
    Cardiff
    looking good there fella ! no excuse now is there ! ;)

May 2005
    eastbourne
    bsm power......... mmmmmmmmmmm not too sure about that!!!! lol lol still cheaper on petrol though, but higher intake of pies? looking good mr jiffy:thumbsup: wont be long then !!

Sep 2005
    Bedford
    Damn straight looking good!!! nice job Jiffy... just out of interest are you the overly smily or the overly moody one in that engine bay shot... lol
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Jul 2005
    Milk and Beans
    Damn straight looking good!!! nice job Jiffy... just out of interest are you the overly smily or the overly moody one in that engine bay shot... lol
    Well, it's not hard to work out....

If there's the prospect of a big V6 driving your Mr2, you'd either be

a) excited at the prospect rotflmao or
    b) stark raving bonkers

Easy isn't it!

Jun 2005
    Cardiff
    Jiff I will be follwing this swap closely and cant wait to see it progress ! Some tasty hardware there !

Sep 2005
    Bedford
    Lol - I've learnt to never assume on this forum mate ;)
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    in that pic which ones curly,larry and mo? :)

BSM power! now theres an upgrade,strap him in and get him to run! pies in one end and dump valve connected to rear! job done.... im so glad im hundreds of miles away!

Seriously though jiff looking good despite the minor panic over driveshafts!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Feb 2006
    I come from the Mid-lands
    Great stuff Jiffster - you've finally begun. Good luck matey. Oh btw I have found that spring compressor but as I thought it is too small to go around the 3VZ head :( Spose you've bought one now anyways.Hope it all goes well.

And for those of you who are wondering who is who, here's the real piccie

http://www.peebs.pwp.blueyonder.co.u...utal/Jiffy.jpg
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Nov 2005
    Liverpool/Manchester
    Theres something verry wrong about the things going on in this piccy:

I think i've just seen BSM's 'sex face'!!

Nice work m8y keep the piccys coming :)

1234511 ...