Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ticky engine

whats the likelyhood of my local toyota having the shims in stock? dont really wanna have to spend 5 days with my engine half ripped to bits and car-less!
    my names dave......

welly mate, if you need to take material 'off' the shim's once youve worked them out etc, take them to a gimp-shop.. they will grind them down for you. ive done a few before here and there for people. although i havent quite yet got the grinder to make them bigger :hmm:

send em to me if they need to be ground off which is the norm. (the valve clearence should shrink after time etc) and i'll do it for nowt .. takes me about 5 minutes, wish i was closer bud
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Yay! Was just about to PM you wondering if you could do this! May end up with 24 of the buggers coming your way! :D

n/p send them down
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    sadly thats never the case...its always worn shims and they never need grinding down,welly toyota order them in and it takes a few days.

If you were desperate you could cut up some old feeler gauges and stick them under the shims,but i didnt tell you to do that! no reason why that wouldnt work but its amateur hour.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

:rofl: so general idea is just stick enough metal betweeen the bucket and the cam so that the gap is within spec lol

cheapo feeler gauge that i used to gap my slarkplug be the one i need to check clearances with?
    my names dave......

Hmm. 2 questions:-

(1) Are they (the shims) the same in the 4a engines?

(2) How about we collect all the spare shims we have lying around, send them to one nominated member to colate then anyone needing shims can have a dib into the pot before handing over the hard earned to toyota?

Cheers,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    thats a damned fine idea owen! consider yourself promoted! i'll buy you a bigger sweeping brush :) how about you step forward as shim bank manager? you get my vote.

4a shims are different diam.

Im sure ive got 1 or 2 3s shims lying around,say the word and i'll send them down.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    thats a damned fine idea owen! consider yourself promoted! i'll buy you a bigger sweeping brush :) how about you step forward as shim bank manager? you get my vote.

4a shims are different diam.

Im sure ive got 1 or 2 3s shims lying around,say the word and i'll send them down.
    I have big dividey pot thing so happy to oblige, providing of course Nik is happy to build me a two brutal warehouse to keep it in. I'll also look after any CT20b's that are taking up space in peoples garrage...

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast