Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V6 mount templates

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    No they won't i'm afraid, these templates only work with a custom mount i made for my own mk1 v6.The templates will still work with tony's mount you just need to reposition the holes in the plates.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Do these mounts work with the 1MZFE and S54 gearbox?

If I buy the Woodsport motormount, which of the above templates qualifies as "chassis mounts"

Just got a heads up from Paul. The templates will work if you modify and ignore the bolt holes since they will be wrong but they are not direct cut and weld templates.

Indeed, you will need to manually hang your engine for the correct placement of the plates on the chassis.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

These work with the 1MZ?

I have a question... I'm currently in the process of gathering everything for my mk1.6 swap 1mzfe ... I was told/read at one point in time that the mk1.5 mounts are the same as the mk1.6 mounts minus the passenger side engine mount that should be purchased from WoodSport.com ... would the mk1.5 templates not work for the mk1.6?

I'm afraid 1.5 templates are totally different to 1.6 ones, completely different engine position in the bay

but do the mk1.5 speed source mounts turn the mk1 bay into a mk2 bay and then the woodsport v6 mount for the passenger engine mount? sorry I'm asking because I'm not much of an engineer and don't quite understand the templates for the mk1.6 you have posted here

No, Carls engine position will be different to ours, even if it's just by a few mm the fact that they aren't hung in the same spot means you cannot interchange mounts, every Woodsport conversion is the same, every Speedsource conversion is the same, because they are built from jigs that do not change, but they are entirely different from each other although they may look the same.

The templates on this site are a rough guide for hanging your own engine, they do not place the engine where it needs to be, for that you need a jig, or manually hang it the old skool way by getting the up/down , left/right, forward/back , pitch/yaw and rotation of the engine exactly right, then you can use the templates as a way of fixing your engine to the chassis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast