Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponge Bob's swap

What about the actual axles / bits that slot into the wheels - how do I get those out as well...

Well - how do I go about getting the bits I actually need for the conversion - i'm not worried about damage to the mk2 as i'm breaking and selling the lot...
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

the driveshaft ends just slide out of the hub once you've got that big 32mm nut off.

Cheers Jiffy mate - sounds easy enough - I just get a little confused with all the mixed terminology floating around the net, BGB and forums so not sure which bit is which...!!

I've got a full four days off this weekend coming so am looking forward to getting rid of the entire shell and having the engine on the stand rebuilt and looking pristene... going to have to hire the engine hoist which is actually a reasonable ?30 for a weekend... although saying that i'll need it for mounting the engine again... so that would be ?60 spent... it's worth just buying one!!

Anyway - the time for grinding mounts is looming closer and closer - but to tell you the truth, i'm bricking it... but at the same time, I can't wait to peel my car apart and clean up every bit, no matter how small...! don't care how sad that sounds lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob
    I can't wait to peel my car apart and clean up every bit, no matter how small...! don't care how sad that sounds lol

Nothing wrong with doing that Ash, let's just hope you got the patience mate...:mrgreen:
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Patience of a stoned saint mate ;)

we're probably gonna be starting about the same time :) So we can spend our evenings comparing scraped knuckles.

Hehe - nice... how are you going about the engine mounts mate?? I mean for welding them to the chassis rail?

I have BSM for all welding duties - Me and metal don't play well together.

:( that's the only thing i'm not looking forward to - but don't want to have to waste time on... we'll see what happens I guess

Ash, there is no way anything on this earth will stop me from coming to down to Biggleswade at 10:30 on the evening of the dawn of JAE to see that your ferrociously clean mk1 makes it to said venue. When you are ready for those mounts, gimme a holla. By text, forum, phone or in person, I will help you to get there...as I would anyone of our other members. C'mon mate, you have the help of the whole country here, plus other countries too...we will get you through, one way or another.
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast