Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponge Bob's swap

Goldy will get them off for you in seconds Ash lol
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Hehehe - nice Paul... I'll be sure to leave the garage door ajar tonight :whistle:
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    get an old socket and smack it over the top of the locknut so it bites into it,the socket+nut can then be removed.
    Well I was going to say...

"I'll bet that man has had a few cars on 16 housebricks, with four 32.5mm sockets in his pockets and a rather warm Sierra ticking over happily in the background"
    (he's from Ireland AND Durham too!)

Then I read this...

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman
    Or lop the end off and old extension bar, weld it to the nut and twist!
    Obviously his old man had tought him to do it with a mini-brazing set and a old steel tube. (he's from wales...ewe see) (closer to the gas) (oh and the docks for old steel tube)

Then I read this...

Quote Originally Posted by jasper
    Goldy will get them off for you in seconds Ash lol

Now that IS confidence for you, isn't it? I mean you can always vouch on a guy from Manchester to be able to whip off a couple of wheel in seconds can't you ?

:hidesbehi

Opps, soz guys, couldn't resist there. Maybe I won't come to JAE after all. I think most of the country is after me now...ARGH! THERES OWEN IN A TREE WITH A SNIPER RIFLE ARGH!

Ahem: My apologies ppl, my ultra sureal head is on again tonight...

{wanders off quietly, whistling a low, soft, slow yet peculiar tune}
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Lots of fun at the garage today -

First off - thanks to Adam for machining down my lock nut remover which fouled on the alloy - it was a piece of art when I got it back -

Unfortunatly - it didn't get off the lock nut GAH - and neither did smashing other sockets over the top etc etc - got soooo pissed off that I jacked up the car and stripped... (the car - not me!)

So got lots of little bits and bobs - and under the great advice picked up on this forum - got everything labelled up ready for return...

Got my nice little collection of stuff - that turbos prob knackered though so I won't risk using it...

Here's my good block - looking super swish (and greasy and dirty) - next week i'll be stripping this back hopefully and prepping it -

How did you sneak into the pictures??
    Last edited by Sponge Bob; 21-05-2006 at 23:52.

Superb Ash, to get that drive shaft off, unbolt the support bracket and whack the fecker, or the cv joint, with a soft faced hammer and it should pop out from the g-box, same for other side but no bracket to unbolt, obvioulsy :)
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Thats a clean looking two!

The intermediate shaft may come off if you undo the driveshaft from the middle; Six allen key bolts. May just give you enough space to wiggle the driveshaft clear but (a) The hex bolts may well round off and (b) it's all theory so I could be talking through my trousers.

On the wheels, can you not undo the centre hub nut?

Whoops - should have said Jiffy mate - I've got the centre hub nuts off by getting a paid of pliers through the middle of the alloy, working the cotter pin off, then putting my 32mm socket through - which is why i've given up on the alloy removal for now...

ok bob, failing any other plans, heres a sure fire idea (i think).. go to back of hub, grind off wheel stud head off flush, punch the stud through once it has just started to move (easy), the nut will be loose. undo! knock stud out fully later and replace with new stud

btw..wtf's that :?: looks like bad language be used on the bag ...

Last edited by adamh; 22-05-2006 at 00:11.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Lol :( that's my bag of bag of bits... all labelled up so that I can replace what i've dismantled...

Makes sense to me! hehe

No it doesn't say that!!
    Last edited by Sponge Bob; 22-05-2006 at 00:27.

as jiff said! no need to remove the supported shaft - just remove the allen bolts on the shafts both sides:thumbsup:

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast