Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: suspension upgrades

having problems with my new koni`s, the 1071`s meant for the front will not fit( too long by aprox 20mm)the rear ones were the wrong application(i was sent the early ones) mine is a later model, now this is where it gets confusing , i spoke to paul woods and he assured me that there is only one type of front strut from early through to late,dc dezign have confirmed the 1071 is for the front, their suppliers have also confirmed there is no other type,but the wrongly sent rear ones(1072) fit in the front carrier, and by fitting the stainless steel bush from the old ones it gives me the required fitting, but the bush has to be reduced in dia. for it to fit into the carrier as it needs to go to the bottom of carrier to create the right height, now if your not confused( which i b....... well am, please someone tell me if they have experienced this problem, if you havn`t then i will change my name to :enigma: which is what dan said of this ! :welsh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

fella, surely you shouldn have to be mucking about with diameters and bushes to get a kit to fit.. i dont doubt at-all, but the last thing you want to do is start modyfying your shocker tubes from stock or bushes or the likes.. send the kit back and either ask for the Correct' replacement or shop from somewhere else. why not go for the koni sport kit?

failing getting the right inserts from dan, if you need a spacer turned up or anything please tell me and i'll bash one off at light speed for ya.

i experienced no problems with a koni sport kit. mk1b 1990 g plate.
    Last edited by adamh; 08-08-2006 at 21:21.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456