Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: welding guide

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

welding guide

a cracking link with lots of help for those starting to weld...
    http://www.aussieweld.com.au/arcwelding/

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

excellent help :thumbsup:
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Top post, I will be needing this over the winter.:thumbsup:

Great link. We need to get proper welds on all out grinding work:)

I spent an entire day welding up a dolly. Without gas using flux thread which works better than you would beleive i think. Emptied the flux thread, tried with regular that need cover gas, didn`t work, all finished now though:)

Fun day! Lots of grinding and tons of welding. Turned out ok:)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    we need pics of said dolly beast shorty!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Will bring them when i have been out unscrewing gearbox bolts off the 4age and fitted them to the 3s:) think my cat ate my 3s bolts:)

wiggle her tail see of she changes gear
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

lol Fuck replacing the clutch on one of them.

Does it come with a cat-back exhaust? :hidesbehi

Hi I cant get on this link :(

has it been removed? Just thinking about doing some welding on the following.....

1: Aerial Hole (to fill it properly as I have had a custom made rear wondow which puts heater lines to dual purpose as they also operate an aerial!)
    2: There is a slight bit of surface rust on the drivers side sill nothing serious, but I want to cut it out and check out behind, just incase before installing TRD Skirts.
    3: I want to seal the fuel cap and smooth it over due to a planned relocation into the passenger side inspection panel (will this be difficult?)
    4: Due to flimsyness of the fibreglass TRD wings, im considering customising the standard ones with sheet metal which will require lots of welding.
    5: I am considering having the TRD rear arches and boot extension also made in sheet metal.

Overall what does this mean? am I going to sell my two TRD kits? - well if I can get the sheet metal version made up, then basically yes I will lol. Before you mention the amount of cash I've wasted in my first 3 weeks of this project, please dont, its depressing! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast