Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: removing outer cv joints

the cv joint comes off the end of the driveshaft. the whole end bit comes off, and the clip you need to break is inside the cv joint itself.

You need to put the driveshaft into a vice, and bang the whole end bit off with a mallet or similar. try and keep the cv joint inline with the shaft and it should be easier
    my names dave......

im lost, i always though this was the cv joint.

yes that is the cv joint, the whole thing comes off the driveshaft, not from a b or c. the driveshaft itself is just the metal bar which the cv joints connect to. So on the outer side you need to get the whole lot off including the swively bit of the cv joint(where the ballbearings are, the outer ones not the inner)
    my names dave......

thats a pic of a cv joint if it helps. u gotta get that off the end of the shaft
    my names dave......

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    i tell you what,ive got this to do tomorrow so how about i do a step by step piccy write up on swapping the cv joints for new partsinabox items? how does that sound.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

cheers, i dont need the rings anyway so no worries, that would help paul for any future swappers also.

sorted. with the gentle use of a lump hammer.
    all off

that sounds like a cracking idea Paul - will help to remove any of my gremlins too...!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

writeup..? here you go..
    1. twat it fcuking hard until it comes off.
    2. fit new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12