Thread: Any ecu experts out there??

Any ecu experts out there??

I have a 6 psi pulley to go on the car. There are a couple of things I need to do to the car if I'm to run it @ 6 psi. Supra 440 injectors, water inj and somekind of aftermarket engine management. I can't afford standalone however some of the guys in the States are using a smt6/7. Any thoughts and opinions welcome.

http://www.perfectpower.com/products/smt6.asp

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.p...highlight=smt6

Had a little look through not heard of it before though it looks like it might be up to the job. It looks a lot more comprehensive than the Apexi SAFC-2 that i'll be using.

Just out of intrest how much is it?
    Also how are you planning on doing the mapping?
    Are wiring diagrams and setting easily avaliable for your engine?

Just a few thoughts

-- Simon

There is no comparison with the apexi and the greddy e-manage according to the yanks, the smt6 is the one to go for esp running obd II. Price wise it retails @ $450 for the smt6 more for the 7.

The guy who did my conversion knows a guy who used to work for motec and has set up on his own. Apparently he's mapping touring cars.

Diagrams should not be a prob mate.

Sounds spot on then mate.... the price is pretty good as well, cheaper than an e-manage thats for sure!! Look forward to results

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy
    Sounds spot on then mate.... the price is pretty good as well, cheaper than an e-manage thats for sure!! Look forward to results

Well it's not cast in stone yet as I'm not too sure how the engines internals would handle the power. From the research I've done so far and other peoples feedback I think it's very do-able. Just want to make sure, don't want to pop the engine!!