Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Battery relocation

I want to relocate my battery in few weeks (next job) at the front; I would like to know what thickness size in mm do I need to get (about 4 meters long, for the live cable) .Thanks

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Now that's what i call a thread revival!

I'm guessing you want to move the battery so you can fit the induction filter i warned against Dominique? LOL

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

For some reason I have the number 6 in my head for cable size, but can't for the life of me remember what that relates to, gauge maybe?

Yes, that's an old thread indeed ! I had the idea of moving teh battery before I got that air intake.....lol;
    Last edited by guitariste47; 08-09-2013 at 20:12. Reason: idea not ideally expresses

Quote Originally Posted by guitariste47 View Post
    I want to relocate my battery in few weeks (next job) at the front; I would like to know what thickness size in mm do I need to get (about 4 meters long, for the live cable) .Thanks
    125mm ^2 (125mm squared) tri rated.

= flex! , you can get it at normal electrical wholesale factors . rigidity depends on the number of cores, you want a little flex

don't forget large crimp ring terminals for it, and a gas soldering torch to penetrate after crimping, i used a centre punch and whacked it to give point pressure, then flowed solder in
    Last edited by adamh; 09-09-2013 at 13:54.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Quote Originally Posted by adamh View Post
    125mm ^2 (125mm squared) tri rated.

= flex! , you can get it at normal electrical wholesale factors . rigidity depends on the number of cores, you want a little flex

don't forget large crimp ring terminals for it, and a gas soldering torch to penetrate after crimping, i used a centre punch and whacked it to give point pressure, then flowed solder in
    What does tri rated means (sorry i am french )

What does tri rated means (sorry i am french )
    Here you go :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trirated_cable

One of its qualities is it is very flexible.

Because of this, it is less likely to suffer breakages due to vibration and stress.

It is used for wiring panels and motor homes etc. (and it would seem, MR2s)

Thanks ( where is Geordieland by the way ?)

Thanks ( where is Geordieland by the way ?)
    Newcastle upon Tyne.

People from this area are known as Geordies, so we like to call it Geordieland.

Have a look on Google about us - we have quite a rich - and often funny - history!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456