Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Lilys V8

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    ah i see,ive done the same thing to lily,the left side (viewed from rear) rail i have arched up and over where the trans will sit and also moved the rail 2" outboard,the right side ive just moved 2" without arching it.

Apologies on the transmission type,i saw the two cable brackets on the box and thought i was looking at an NA

A little helper for you,if you ditch all of the distributors and crap from the pulley end of the 1uz you will gain a few inches of space but of course you need a standalone then,but you probably know this already!

It will be really something if you pull this off in a transverse location.My mk1 is only a days labour away from having the v8 fitted,but finding a spare day is almost impossible at the moment.

Good luck though donie! you should start a build thread on this one!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Paul! I won't have got it this far, if it wasn't for your write up. I hope you get that spare day.

that is some awsome work youve done there, an inspiration!! will this be the first Mk2 V8???? V6's are becoming common place now!!:blabla:
    Left the MR2 and defected to Celica ownership. Now own a very special mental white 190 show car. But sniffing round MR2's again....

nice work mr woods :thumbsup:

good choice of colour to :)

Quote Originally Posted by splintermcinnes
    that is some awsome work youve done there, an inspiration!! will this be the first Mk2 V8???? V6's are becoming common place now!!:blabla:
    There is a guy over here in the states doing a chevy 350 swap. It's a 2007 chevy impala ss motor going it to a mk2. He's almost done!

Evo-F in Germany claim they will have a supercharged V8 in a Mk2 by the autumn. No pics of it in the bay though. :shrug:

http://www.evo-f.com/Projekte.htm

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

aww man, its been too long. i need an update on lilly.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    sorry wob i cant give her any attention for some time now mate,garage work must come first.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

If she was my car idd give her attention ;)