Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gearbox Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy
    You 100% sure its an lsd box? They are rare as hen's teeth on an n/a as far as I know?.....

mmm lsd.... :toke:

lsd's came as standard on n/a rev 3 onwards models, was an optional extra on the rev 2's

turbo boxes also have a thicker input shaft compared to the n/a

Quote Originally Posted by weegaz22
    lsd's came as standard on n/a rev 3 onwards models, was an optional extra on the rev 2's

I thought the lsd's were only ever on the rev1 & 2 tubbys as an option and rev3+ tubbys as standard, and that lsd boxes on an N/A were never a standard option? I've seriously never come across or heard of an lsd box for an n/a (unless with aftermarket lsd's).... please correct me if i'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by weegaz22

are you sure about that one? I've used turbo clutches on NAs before, and there's no way that would work if the input shaft was different

yeah, had seen a side to side diagram on mr2oc.co.uk id provide a link but i asked to be removed from that site for reasons ill not mention, dont know how accurate their info though

the S53 had a smaller input shaft, but AFAIK they were never found in MR2s, only late 80s FWDs (like ST162 Celicas, ST170 Coronas etc)

I know for a fact that atleast SOME S54s had the same sized input shaft as the E153 (which happens to also be the same as steel case w50, alloy case w5+, R154 and probably more)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123