Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gearbox Pics

Gearbox Pics

Bizarre request but anyone got pics of a normal MR2 SW20 gearbox?

Preferably one from above, one from the gearcase end.

Nope I don't have any, but it just so happens that I shall be takin me v6 lump back out of my sw20 tomorrow and splittin gearbox off. Will grab a few piccies and post tommorow night :)

Cheers! Check your PM's :)

have you seen my gallery -i think there is one there:shifty:

are you looking for pics of the turbo or NA one?

NA box.

trying to work out what the heck I've been sold (see box on left).

Apparently MR2 turbo (definately not - thats the box on the right), but may then be NA box (but I'm seeing what look like gearcable holders so am thinking celica)

that there is definitely an sw20 NA box, aka S54. All those things you've circled are obvious identifiers, also the blanked end of the shifter arm has that 4 bolt flange on the tubby box, and a single (massive) nut on the NA one, also the vent and filler on top of the shifter arm housing are different, and the axle seal housing is a separate piece bolted on with the NA box, but it's part of the casing on the tubby one. Oh and the part of the housing where the diff sits (by the speedo drive) is much smaller on the NA box, and as such the engine mount bracket is quite different

Malc that has to be the most definitive answer to a question I have ever seen ! leaves no doubt there !

Ah fab stuff, if anyone needs a LSD'd Sw20 NA box, aka S54 you know where to come! :)

Too bad you live in the land of long license plates or I would be on my way to your place to work a deal!!!
    Mine seems to spin both tires anyway but a LSD would be the cats butt.
    What kind of LSD does it have? I dont know what shipping the diff to the US would cost but it might be worth it.:thumbsup:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast