Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Datum Point Measurements

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Body Datum Point Measurements

ah ha! look what i found my little modding chums...complete datum point measurements of just about every engine compartment,boot,frunk and chassis points you can think of,now if that aint useful i dont know what is!

Ive managed to get my oily mits on a very rare manual,its a mk1 BGB for UK spec cars,straight from the toyota dealership! like gold dust the info in this as previously we have had to make do with USDM info and diagrams,so if anyone needs a page scanning from it just let me know.

These are four pages from said book....this is priceless stuff!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

now i see no reason why a tubular chassis cant be knocked-up.. 8)
    bloody good find my brother paul.

Damn right thats a good find Paul! I've always had an interest in building tubular chassis, do you think that there's much of a worldwide market for this?

If you think that there might be i might build a prototype just to see if its econmically viable.... :shades:

i seriously do mate,if someone knocks up a tubular chassis with all the suspension pickup points on it there could be a lot of interest in that,especially to drag racers etc,a lot of work mind but it would be really cool....go for it!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

thats good stuff :mrgreen: .. not seen that one before and ive seen some i can say! there.. 957 between bolt centres on a rear strut brace. easy as pie :-) .. erm posted last year :shrug:
    Last edited by adamh; 13-06-2006 at 23:05.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

lol its been here for a year,why do i bother i dunno.... :banghead:

have you lot seen la bala? a tube framed scratch built car using an mr2 as a donor in the states? super cool....

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=188243

la bala is a nice pice of kit and a LOT of man hours have gone into that beastie tis for sure !

In my novice ways - why is getting a tubular chassis such a good thing?? Is it just so you can put all the drive gear in the right place, then make your own body shells?
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

I'm sure it'll be much lighter too.

86 Mk1.5 Eurosport - Black

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread
    -----------------------------
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast