Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a mk2 owner....

Confessions of a mk2 owner....

Since we've now got a mk2 forum, thought I'd start this off with some confessions.....

So go on who on here actually owns or has owned a mk2 :hmm: I'll bet there's loads of secret mk2 owners on here

Anways I've had one from january last year till present day :boogie:

haha..well ive only ever owned mk1s but you never know..when im ready to slow down i may get one.. ;)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    raises both hands,guilty m'lud. Also previously owned one for 2 years alongside my mk1's.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

i own one as well, daily driver, but ideally want to get a mk1 and do a 3s-gte swap

Never have, never will.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Howdy folks.

My MK2 experiances:-

(1) Test drove a MK2 NA when my MK1 NA was getting ill but bought 2 MK1 superchargers instead...

(1a) Nearly died in a MK2NA (as a passenger) when the driver dared remove his foot from the acelerator whilst driving in a straight line.

(2) Test drove another one (that was a turbo this time) and didn't enjoy it much so bought another SC instead...

(3)Then didn't test drive this one...

...but did rip it's guts out. The rest is history. (Well it will be by the time I've finished it and the world has spun around another couple of times.)

Hey maybe if we get our own stock of MK2 drivers we won't have to go as far as IMOC for donor MK2's, and we'll have a market for all the left over body panels from our parts donors.

All in banter folks,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

'open ze gates m lud..
    so goldy, aside the flak for owning a mk2, there must be some nice points about the car, im a mk2 virgin, never been in one, never seen inside one.. what are the improvements over the mk1?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

ive only ever been in one once and that was a rev 3 tubby and fair play that shifted its what convinced me to do my 1.5 as the handling wasnt as crisp

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    'open ze gates m lud..
    so goldy, aside the flak for owning a mk2, there must be some nice points about the car, im a mk2 virgin, never been in one, never seen inside one.. what are the improvements over the mk1?
    Umm, erm, hmmm...

Well the rear tracking rods are hexagonal.

Appeal to a wider range of people, so more likely to get laid as a student with a MK2 than a MK1

Oh and I think I read on the internet somewhere that you can take the engines out and put them in AW11s.

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Drove my mates mk2 tubby once; Drifted it nicely at 80mph and was quite enjoying myself until I managed to spin the thing 270 degrees when setting of from a junction. :blush:

Thankfully he had it stolen not long after that!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast