Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mk1.5 on the rolling road

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    stu i dont think its the turbo that smokes occassionally,i checked the IC pipes are they were all bone dry.I think its got something to do with the donor having been on its roof and the oil running to the top of the engine,possibly filling up the inlet manifold and/or exhaust system....the smoke on startup was wild,i bet it clears after a few weeks use mate,but def not the turbo,it runs without spewing any oil into the IC pipes.

A ct20b or hybrid ct26 would work wonders on that car!

maybe the exhaust on it? very free flowing exhausts can cause turbos to smoke a little bit more due to less backpressure on the oil seals

whens it smoking? on overrun? on boost? all the time?

blue smoke? white? black?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    theres no oil in the IC pipes though? bone dry.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Well the only thing I can recommend is to give the thing a thoroughly good thraping in an effort to flush all the impurities out.
    As if you need any encouragement lol.
    It didnt look too bad when I saw it so hopefully it will clear up completely eventually,

i think its cos its been upside down during the crash...oil has obviously run into the inlet manifold and possibly into the exhaust as well...it should clear in time.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

If it were new oil from the engine as opposed to old oil from the upside down experiance how much would we be talking about burning? I was thinking that if the oil level in the engine wasn't dropping at all then it would reassure that all was well, but if only trace ammounts being burned then that wouldn't really help.

Cheers,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

good point owen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123