Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mk1.5 complete parts list

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

paul, you are a star, cheers

***aw11***
    has anyone used a boot mounted charge cooler from an st205 gt4?

a few people have used the 205 chargecooler but i dont think they mounted it in the boot as it fits nicely between the turbo and inlet so reduces lag but a few have used a/a intercoolers in the boot

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

***aw11***
    not exactly sure how you get round this one, but what about a reversing light switch?

the standard 4a-ge has this switch on the top of the gearbox,
    and its a bastard to replace.

does the 3s-gte have the same?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    yeah the 3s reverse switch is in the same place,very easy to get at though,hard to replace? nooo.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

***aw11***
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    yeah the 3s reverse switch is in the same place,very easy to get at though,hard to replace? nooo.
    the trouble was that on my 4a-ge, it was rusted in, with a coolant pipe going over the top of it made it harder, and having no room to get the torque of the spanner to 'break it',
    so in the end i chopped the wires exiting the nut and got a 24mm socket on it, easy

anyone wanna give me a guess on how much all of this would be cost wise? a ball park estimate

£2.5 - £5k depending on which parts you want to refurb yourself, and which parts you want to replace for safety anyway...
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Just the swap will be the cheapest option like the first figure from Sponge. However, if you do a complete rebuild, the add some zeroes;)

If your set on what to do start as soon as possible to collect parts. Try to get them as cheap as possible and try to get a rear clip. Saves time and money for sure!:)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast