Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have any colour or paint work mr2 what would you choose?

If you could have any colour or paint work mr2 what would you choose?

Going to respray my mk1.5 soon and just looking for some ideas really what does everyone think would look good?

If cost wasn't an issue I'd quite like a blue marble effect paint job with holographic flake added for fun.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Yeah, I'm possibly going to go for a full respray when works complete actually!

I'd say Pure Brilliant White... but i'm totally and utterly biased towards that colour!!

A nice shiny candy apple red looks tasty... i'm not talking usual mk1 red - which i'm not too keen on actually...
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

hmm, i'm also in the boat as well, wass watching pauls thread with a real interest to see what was suggested there, as i'm planning to do it myself i was looking to do a simples as possible solution so was probably just going to end up re doing it blue but thought about some bluey purply type mixed job..i personlly like the burnt orange colour that can be found on Lexus is200 but whether that would look good on a mk1 i have no idea;)

Watching this with interest..not long before black or gun metal get mentioned i think:P
    JFDI

mines black already but need redoing

just started a new job restoring and painting classic cars so have a spray booth to use and work has a mixing scheme they dont use anymore as hard to match with so loads of paint to choose from. as they got a new one.

was thinking a metalic grey/ charcoal, ( possibley some metal flake) black roof n pillars and try and do some kind of ghost image in the paint so you only see it at certain angles like TB logo or something but would be difficult

or black again but with a bronze metal flake in or deep purple pearl in?

burnt orange does suit the MK1 I rekon !

yep..the stock orange pearl mica is the colour im having next time it gets a full respray..looks fantastic imho..

Miss Shigatsu
    i personally think that most of the colors that came stock on the mk1 actually do look pretty good. the hunter green/gold two-tone combo is one of my favorites. the orange pearl mica is also absolutely beautiful.

the copper and the blue that came on the nissan 350z are both gorgeous colors, as well as the steel mist grey of the mk2 mr2.

my personal favorite color is purple. we once tried to paint an old car of mine a candy apple purple, by doing a black undercoat with a candy apple blue overcoat. it was awesome. give it some ghost flames and it would have been just perfect. but i just know that i would catch all kinds of crap for having a purple mr2, not to mention it kindof blows that whole "sleeper" idea right out of the water.

i had a white mr2, and when it was really really clean, it was beautiful. blinding, but beautiful. i considered getting it repainted with a very slight pearl overcoat, but then it got totalled. it was just a hassle to keep clean. i hear that getting it repainted with clear coat (since they never came with clear coat from the factory) makes the maintenance much easier, so white may be a good choice.

i've never been a huge fan of black, because you tend to lose a lot of the fine details of the body shape. if you're going for very subtle, understated, almost invisible, this may be a good choice. me personally, i would prefer to use a color that accents the lines of the car. black doesn't do that, imo.

keep in mind, shades of red are 1) more expensive to paint, and 2) more likely to get you a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    yep..the stock orange pearl mica is the colour im having next time it gets a full respray..looks fantastic imho..
    Anyone got any pics of this.....:primates:
    JFDI

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast