Thread: Cost to get my MK2 reprayed

Cost to get my MK2 reprayed

As per the title I want to get my MR2 resprayed in the original 202 astral black. Which just happens to be black gloss and no other colours. I’d be looking at getting it done this winter. So any ideas

A few years back I took mine to a local spray shop to get a quote. For a "blowover" (their words) it'd have been £1500 ish IIRC. Add a lot more for a proper job!
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    As above, really depends what your expectations are, a quick blow over without door jambs/under bonnet/all internal areas done anywhere from £1500-£2000.

A full proper respray involving dismantling a lot of the car, lights/glass/trim out, under bonnet areas/door jambs etc all redone, expect to pay £2500-£3000.

Of course there are always those £500-£1000 people who will give you a few days work at most, mask off your lights/glass and flash it over with an "out of the gun" finish with no flattening and polishing afterwards.

When it comes to paint, you really do get what you pay for.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cheers Paul I was kinda budgeting £2k for the job. But I want it all done properly. All the panels removed etc. Would be a shame to do all the work on the engine bay and leave the paint half decent. My brother in law is going to trim the interior for me for the cost of materials as hes a coach trimmer and owes me some favours for fixing his cars.. So I better get saving an extra grand for my budget. On the sly from the misses. She thinks the turbo conversion has only cost a couple of hundred quid haha.

You should be able to get a halfway decent job for £2k it can also depend if there are many dings around the car that they have to repair aswell. I know some people have saved on labour by taking alot of stuff out first, like glass and body trim.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes, not impossible to get a good exterior job done for that money, but just don't expect the full monty with all inside areas also done, that is where the real labour mounts up, shop around though, there might be someone who will give it the big un for £2k, or as Martin says ask them if you can do a lot of the labour yourself.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by byrney1984 View Post
    As per the title I want to get my MR2 resprayed in the original 202 astral black. Which just happens to be black gloss and no other colours. I’d be looking at getting it done this winter. So any ideas
    Talk to Johnny Mills, the BodgeWerks gang were all up in Weaverham on the weekend and he does a pretty good job.

:)

That me! That's my car......... yes, I can help.