Thread: Head bolt and gasket options

Head bolt and gasket options

I'm having trouble locating good quality head bolts for a 1mz-fe, got some from felpro and the threads were banged up and chipped straight out of the box. Is there a recommended manufacturer, or should I risk reusing the old head bolts?

Also the head gasket I got in my kit will severely restrict water flow through the channels, is this normal or should I get another head gasket as well?

https://imgur.com/a/49iPF5v

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    When it comes to vital components like this it has to be Toyota dealership parts every single time, it's a total false economy using anything other than the OEM parts on the really important bits. I have only ever used Toyota on every customers build.

You can reuse the old head bolts though, that's fine, but splash out at the dealer for gaskets.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Alright I'll call my local Toyota now, I've always been led to believe reusing head bolts would affect torque specs, but I'll happily save those $'s as per your recommendation, ty

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    On some engines yes, but it actually states in data sheets you can reuse the bolts.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here