Hello, I live in the United States, in MA and at 23 years old I finally started my mr2 spyder 1mz swap. I’m recording and taking as many pictures I can as I’ll be doing a YouTube series documenting my every move to help bring as much clearing to the swap for those who also want to attempt it. I’ll also update this thread as much as possible, and I’m also going to start one on the spyderchat forum. Anyway, I’ve done the research however there are still some bits I’m not sure of and I’m hoping for some help, hopefully Paul gets back to me. Im going to be doing as much fabrication as possible in house.

1mz-fe is coming out of a 2001 Toyota solara with a 5-speed manual transmission. I’m going to be using the solara ecu and mr2 ecu in tandem.

The question I have is regarding the transmission. Can I use the Camry/solara 5-speed from the v6? Or should I source a NA Mr2 transmission s54? Can I use a celica transmission out of the 5sfe? Also what about axles?

I’m trying to use as much as possible from my donor Toyota solara, To save me some money. Please keep in mind I’m in the United States and some transmissions aren’t as readily available.