Thread: Leaking door windows - when closed - up to roof!

Leaking door windows - when closed - up to roof!

Hello TwoBrutal Fans(!)

I have today joined this exciting site, and look forward to meeting up with those of you who are in the Oxon region, but definitely summer events - nationwide!

Please can anyone help with the problem I have with rain coming in, via the top of the glass windows of my MR2 MK II (1993). I was told a "quick fix", would be to stick a kind of masking tape (from Halfords for this job), to the entire "opening" of each door, and up round the roof on each side. Ghastly weather of this weekend, means this has not worked! Both left and right rubber seals are only 2 years old :(

Please let me know, if you have encountered this problem and how you resolved it.

Many thanks.

Nell

Well come aboard. I see you found us ha. You can buy eccentric locators that pull the t bar roof down slightly more. Or like me I just removed trim were the t bar locks in to and then you can place a spacer behind it. This makes the roof pull down more when you lock it in and squeezing the rubber better. But really you shouldn’t have an issue with new seals.