Thread: 2GR into Roadster - a couple of questions

2GR into Roadster - a couple of questions

Firstly - my donor engine is from a Lexus rx350. The car is a Rogue Motorsport conversion and on the original jobsheet it says the thermostat housing on the previous engine was modified. Looking at the housing I can't see why it would need work but does anyone know from their own experience?

Secondly, I need a new aux drive belt. With air-con and PAS removed it looks like I can use a much shorter rout bypassing 2 of the idler pulleys also. I get a belt length of 1153 - does that sound correct?

Thanks

Hi Kurt,

The 2gr engine generally gets a slightly modified water spout because the plumbing is different between the two cars. You can keep the original one but it needs blanking off etc. If you take a look at the kits that Gouky does, you will see what I mean.

The drive belt, yeah can't remember the size but you can mock it up with string and measure it. Add a bit of tolerance for the tensioner etc.

Chris.

Cheers Chris - that's useful info. I've since spoken to Matt at Rogue, who seems to think the housng might be ok as standard if I'm careful not to kink the flexi hose that connects to it . I'll give it a try.

Oh, and the belt: I measured it and got 1160. 7 groove belts come in 1153 and 1165. Surprisingly, neither was suitable, so I went for a 6 groove 1160. Which seems fine. If you know anyone who needs either of the other belts let me know - I have them in stock!