Thread: Extended wheel studs required?

Extended wheel studs required?

So I'm learning more about my recently acquired MR2.
    It's got wheel spacers on the front which I now know are required or the wheels catch the coilovers. The spacers are only 6mm. When it was at the garage the other day they said I should look at either removing them or extending the wheel studs as they nuts weren't going on very far. They showed me one of the nuts and the thread was all messed up. I had a spare set at home so just went to change them and removed the spacers. Hence knowing now that I do need them.
    So as I removed the nuts I've realised that some of them are 1.25 rather than 1.5. This is the reason the threads are a mess. I'm now wondering do I need extended studs if the spacers are only 6mm?
    Thoughts and knowledge appreciated.

Spacers to stop the rubbing....or just get the right offset to start with?

Never been a fan of spacers myself. If I was going to fit some, they would be the type with the 2nd set of studs. Not the bolt through plate you describe.

Unless the wheels are very pretty/limited edition/$$$, id go shopping for another set of wheels myself.
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

If they are not hub centric ie has the centre bore lip for the wheel to sit on correctly. I personally would bin off.

Spacers are needed to stop catching on the coilovers. Not particularly a fan either but needs must. With the size of spacers required I can't have the second set of studs so spacers bolt in and wheels bolt to the spacers.
    The spacers are only 6mm so my concern with extended studs is that they will end up being too long.