My old man always said; if its not broke, don't fix it! I usually disagree because then I'd have too much free time at the weekends meaning I'd have to speak to my wife more! Although on this occasion I feel like I should of listened.

So the story goes... I bought a set of used shocks and springs off a guy on another MR2 forum as the guy had upgraded to coilovers. They're Koni inserts, with unknown black springs but I was told they should lower the car a little. He also said that they were in perfect working order etc.. seemed honest enough.

I had my local trusted garage fit them as I didn't have the space. I drove it home, parked it in the garage and hadn't had a chance to look at it.

The weekend I had a chance to take her for a spin. It was definitely stiffer but a few problems:
- The rear looks higher than it was on standard shocks/springs!
- The rear drivers side is then even higher than the rear passengers side by enough to notice. Maybe 1-1.5cm. They almost look like the rears on transit springs!
- I cant work out whether the rears are leaking from the tops or not. Is that possible? One has a smidge of oil on the adjuster nipple (oo-er). And both rear tops where you have the adjuster nob kind of pops up and I can push it down. Only by 1mm but should that happen? I have a video ill maybe post on youtube for you guys to see what I mean.

The car drove beautifully before on the standard suspension but I really just wanted to improve the aesthetics. Now I regret touching it.

Question is do I persevere and buy a set of Eibach springs and try them on the Koni shocks?
And what could be making it so uneven? Fronts seem ok.

OR... as its never going to be a race car, should I just replace the springs on the old shocks with lowering springs and re-fit them? As I say, it handled wonderfully before on the standard set up, I just wanted to reduce the arch gap a little.

Any help appreciated.