Hi,

Just spotted another topic for the V6 where there were a lot of talk about the gear ratios of various gearbox options. Sadly I've already got a gearbox and it's in the chassis with the engine, clutch etc.

The box I've got is a rev2 turbo LSD box, I've never run it but it turns smoothly by hand and didn't look too bad, aside from lots of road dirt.

The engine is a gen4 Caldina st215 3sgte, it's got the heavier of the Fidanza flywheels and a 'stage 2' single plate clutch.

So how are the gear ratios going to be with this setup?
There is lots of talk about the gen4 only revving to lower rpms with the auto ecu (I have the auto ecu for now) but much conflicting 'information' floating around with some people getting the full 7250rpm and other only getting 6700rpm. Some talk of needing to make sure the speed input to the ecu is connected to access the fuller rev range and others saying they have this but still get less.

Sadly for the moment this is all just research as the car isn't yet running (would you believe fuel hoses holding up first start) but what sort of gearing is it likely to have? Is the turbo box a good pairing with the gen4 or should I expect to need further mods in the future to better match the engine? Are there better boxes out there or even 6 speed options?

thanks for the reading :D