thread: 222d replica rear hatch aka Harpers Hatch

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The first scoopless version is out of the mold, still needs work but you get the idea.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2005
    The first global group buy order shipment, that's a lot of hatches and louvres!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Nov 2016
    UK
    They look great! Could you do a similar thing for the mk2?

Mar 2005
    That product already exists in the F40 hatch.

Nov 2016
    UK
    CarBen Fibre Creations seems to have to have closed business and the ASK one on eBay looks like it needs a lot of work to finish and mount. Do you know someone else who is selling them?

Mar 2005
    The only other guy i know is Campos Vasquez in the US, but shipping will be a killer.

https://www.camposites.com/

Nov 2016
    UK
    So would you have any interest in making them?

Mar 2005
    No as I really stray away from copying currently available products, others do it without guilt but not my style to be honest.

If it ever becomes obsolete then yes I'd produce it.

May 2007
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Hello Paul!

Is it intended/reinforced to be hinged at the roof? Latch area reinforcement? Or how does it open?
    Or, basic shell, owners to mod at will to suit the install...

Thanks, nice work,

-Martin

Mar 2005
    Hi Martin, yes it is very much up to the owner to decide how they want it to fit or hinged. We fitted a customers car with an unboltable hatch but a hinged louvre off that.

You can check the video out of it in operation here https://www.facebook.com/paul.woods....8241332950402/

•