Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1mz-fe Swap! New To Swaps Buy mechanically savy :)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    You really would need to ask someone from CA about smog compliance, from what i understand it's pretty hard to pass, so all of the original CAT and Evap/EGR will need to be retained.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

[QUOTE=Paul Woods;328679]No drilling and tapping required, and 3vz rails do not fit on a 1mz.

Sorry I stand corrected. I’ve just seen it on a lot forums. But thats how youa learn.
    Cheers Paul

No problem, I see that a lot on forums/facebook, people just posting things they read elsewhere but not based on actual fact or experience. 3vz injectors are spaced 10mm further apart than 1mz, so while they do "fit" into the manifold, they are cranked over at a slight angle and the O ring cannot seal.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    No problem, I see that a lot on forums/facebook, people just posting things they read elsewhere but not based on actual fact or experience. 3vz injectors are spaced 10mm further apart than 1mz, so while they do "fit" into the manifold, they are cranked over at a slight angle and the O ring cannot seal.
    Believe me when i say i trust your word paul. Ive been reading forums fow months now and you are referenced everytime. Keep up the good work man its so many of us out here that appreciate your insite and wisdom. Trying to schedual time to pick up motor today. Aslo.... found a complete potential donor car 1992 camry m/t 188xxx miles. What do you think? I know its a 3vz-fe instead of 1mz. I would have to source many iteam for the 1mz as it already had timing belt and water pump removed.

Would anybody be kind enough to tell me what clutch/pressure plate combo will i need to use my same transmission from n/a mr2

You need to use an uprated NA type, or use a V6 flywheel or drilled turbo flywheel which will let you use a turbo pressure plate/NA friction plate combo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12