Thread: rear fusebox pinout for gauge temp

rear fusebox pinout for gauge temp

Hi,

So nearing the end of my gen4 swap, found there is no plug on the custom loom for the gauge temp sensor. I know the gen4 is OBD2 so could get the info using a reader and another display, but I'd much rather have a working temp gauge.

Does anyone know which wire in the engine bay fusebox is the wire for the dashboard temp gauge signal? Would be helpful if there is a full pinout?
    The chassis is a UK rev 4 NA.

Thanks

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Simple one, yellow wire with green stripe, there's only one and it's always in the same position.

Run your sender wire to that (mk2 or 3vz one work) and make sure you ground the white/black wire in the fuse box too or the needle will shoot to max.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Its a yellow/green wire if memory serves me right. But your best to pull the clocks out and beep test the pin on the rear of the clocks to which wite you think it is in the fuse box. Because the wiring differs some what. Also there is an earth wire for the temp gauge in the fuse box. I’m sure Paul or Chris will be able to tell you exactly which ones.

Thank you both.

I'll have to find a loom plug from somewhere as the loom came back missing that one.

Do you know if I could ground the gauge at the dash end? Just trying to keep the engine bay are as tidy as possible. Thinking find the ground wire on the dial, find that pin on the loom plug and ground it from the loom side. that way the dials can still come out as designed.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes just ground the W/b wire at the clocks.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here