Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Interested In Flappy Paddles?

Anyone Interested In Flappy Paddles?

I'm currently in the final stages of testing a flappy paddle kit I have developed for toyota A series 4 speed electronic automatic gearboxes, this will fit the Mk2 and Camry and possibly the Mk1 but I need to check.

The kit currently replaces the ecu control of the gearbox but it should be possible to have a switchable system so auto mode can be used or flappy paddles.

This will allow V6 swaps into mk2's as it removes ecu control of the gearbox, thus fixing the shift point problem that currently exists with using the mk2 gearbox with the camry ecu. Paul Woods has been helping out testing the box so will be able to fit them for people or as part of a swap.

Gearshifts are extremely fast and smooth up and down, and torque converter lockup is engaged in 3rd and 4th gear to improve efficiency. This can be re-programmed to be engaged in other gears if required.

I'm currently working on developing wireless paddles to allow easy fitting.

If anyone is interested or has any views on this can you post on this thread, i'm planning on launching this properly in the next month or so and will be signing up as an affiliate on here.

Let me know what you think! :thumbsup:

Goldy

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Just to confirm what goldy has said,we have been testing this for a while now,on v6 camrys... and im blown away with how it transforms the auto box,seamless instant gear changing,redlining is now possible instead of the ecu shifting up when it decides.You would not believe how good it feels and how well the auto box shifts on flappy paddles.

In my opinion this is THE best development to hit the V6 scene so far,goldy has accomplished something very special with this box of tricks,ive merely been his guinea pig.

Further testing is required on an auto mr2,that will be the last step before chucking a v6 into an auto mr2 and that lucky owner will have flappy paddle gearshift :thumbsup:

Goldy,well done mate,definately ASBO worthy.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Awesome!!
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

brilliant work there goldy and paul fantastic just thinking would this work on avensis auto box as well ?.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It all depends on the protocol the avensis uses in controlling its shift solenoids,goldy will be able to answer better but id imagine his box would need reprogramming if the shifter solenoid operation sequence was different.

The solenoids work something like this....

one on,one off.... 1st gear
    both on..... second gear
    one off,one on.... third gear
    both off.... fourth gear

Ive just made that up,its not the actual protocol for the camry v6 (unless i got lucky) ,point is if the avensis has a different pattern it would need reprogramming i think.You need to speak to the brains dept.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger
    brilliant work there goldy and paul fantastic just thinking would this work on avensis auto box as well ?.
    May do, for the OBD2 applications you would need to put in load resistors to fool the ECU in thinking it still has the solenoids connected. If you find the code number for the gearbox I can check on it.

Gobsmaking work oh golden one. Who's idea was that I wonder? lol

so has Paul been testing it on a barge? and where oh where are the pics you big tease!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Brilliant work there Mr Goldyness, hope this takes off for you mate!

:brill:

Truley awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon
    Gobsmaking work oh golden one. Who's idea was that I wonder? lol

so has Paul been testing it on a barge? and where oh where are the pics you big tease!
    I blame several people on here for putting the damn idea in my head ;)

The 2nd prototype is with mr woods he may be able to put a photo of it up. I should have a production version in my hands in 2 weeks :thumbsup:

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast