Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3vz-fe turbo conversion

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    The bulb holder that goes in the wing?

C
    Yeah but for the toleberone import one.

Its ok mate I picked up these 2 little beauties from a scrapyard near my work today. £2 bargain and I got paid for getting them.

Only beer would make it a better deal haha

Wow. That's cheaper than the postage for someone to send them.

God I miss breakers yards.

:/

Beer? Making things better?.....ewwwww

If you hadnt guessed i dont like beer
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post

Animal. :(

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post

Christ I don’t think I would function without beer. I should get in on prescription.

Scrapyards are awesome just a shame they are a dying thing.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I invented the 5v speed signal mod to enable all auto 3vz ECUs to work, so if you need any help with that causing your issue just ask.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I invented the 5v speed signal mod to enable all auto 3vz ECUs to work, so if you need any help with that causing your issue just ask.
    Cheers Paul. If it is that retarding the timing etc I’ll send you a question or too. I’ll be down the workshop Saturday so hopefully it’ll be MOT ready by the end of the day.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    No problem, here to help, it was a tricky little problem back in the day that caused a massive headache, at the time only the US guys had done a 3vz conversion and even then only one or two existed, and all of them used manual ECUs, which of course we never got in the UK.

I put weeks of work into finding the answer and eventually found if i locked the speed signal with a 5v input it would prevent timing being pulled between gear changes. If i hadn't found the solution to that and published it then no 3vz conversions would have been possible by anyone anywhere in the UK using the auto ECU, so it was a massive game changer.

There are other things that can cause your issue too, it's probably running lean and triggering one or both knock sensors which will pull your timing too. You can do a knock sensor relocation mod as they are over sensitive in their current location but it leaves you with no knock protection, a popular mod in the US. I would get your fuelling right before attempting that.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here