thread: 3vz-fe turbo conversion

Jul 2016
    Buckley, North Wales
    That's awesome.

I really want a bypass on my RX300 just so people can hear me roaring through the snow.

:)
    You should buy one Chris. Think they are about £100 off flea bay. Would sound awesome.

Yeah makes life so much easier having tools organised.I might get the side cupboards too. When they are on offer again. Even bought a second 200 piece halfords set for £109 when the deals were on. So one in the boot and one in the workshop haha.

Jul 2016
    Buckley, North Wales
    Another step closer. Welded the flexi to the 45’ bend that will join the by pass valve. So just the one weld left to do now and the full exhaust is done. Well until I get round to joing up the other tail pipe to the by pass valve.

Jul 2016
    Buckley, North Wales
    Welded up the last exhaust piece so I now have a full system.

Heres a crap shot of it fitted. Just enough room for the flexi. I did cheat though. I MIG’d the last weld because I couldn’t wait to hear it.

But more importantly heres the video for you all to hear.

Got to install my linear solenoid for the bypass valve. But I think it sounds alright. What do you all think??

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Oh lordy that's nice. Needs to be louder.

Jul 2016
    Buckley, North Wales
    Oh lordy that's nice. Needs to be louder.

Haha it is very loud. Just think my battered phone recording has dulled it slightly. I will have to film it with the bypass open tomorrow to see the difference. But in tick over it still has the nice v6 burble. I thought the turbo might have quietened it done. But its still there

Jul 2016
    Buckley, North Wales
    Just another quick video of me reving the old beast. But this time I have manually opened the exhaust bypass valve. Although my phone isn’t the best. I think you can hear the difference. If not I asure you fellow car nuts that it sounds awesome.

Didn’t get anything done other than sort the workshop out so we could but the bother in laws dutton in ready to get the body and interior on.

Then with that done I had to rebuild the rear diff on the hippo. Roll
    On next weekend. Be time to get eveything wired in

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Love it.

And not seen a Dutton in a while!

Jul 2016
    Buckley, North Wales
    He rescued it from a bloke who built it back in the 80’s. Been sat outside his house for around 20 years. Only took 2 years from the day of asking to buy it for him to ring back and say “give us £450 and you can have it”. Bargain because the engine is worth that. Its a 1.6 cross flow pinto bored out to a 1.7 using 2.8 XR4i pistons.The head has been ported etc... goes well. Well did until we stripped it
    Last edited by byrney1984; 27-01-2019 at 23:17.

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Ok we need a thread for that then too. If not here, start one on the BodgeWerks forum. [emoji41]

C.

•