thread: 3SFE to 3SGE

Oct 2017
    UK

3SFE to 3SGE

A 91 Rev 1 with a 3SFE which is scrapped, picked up the engine and everything for it, from a Rev 3 3GSE. Doing the wiring in the boot and at EA3/EB1.

I have been trying to help a friend with his 3S-FE to 3S-GE and put this together for him. It seems we have fuel but no spark, I am assuming the ignition main relay to distributor is the issue.

He doesn't quite have the right wiring diagrams, so trying to piece this together with what we have around us.

Has anyone dealt with this swap and figured out the issue? It doesn't seem to have an immobiliser as the wiring should be in the starter and the car cranks over, you get fuel pressure but no spark.

3SFE boot wiring.jpg3SFE EA3 EB1.jpg

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi, as per email, it might have immobiliser being a 95, it might have caught the first one of those, so give me the part number of the ECU and i will check for you. If it is immobilised it will still crank fine, as the immobiliser is not part of the cranking circuit, the immobiliser will mean no spark/injector pulse.

Presuming it has no immobiliser, you will be missing a main relay ignition supply in the engine bay fusebox, i have converted many rev2- into rev1 and can confirm you will be missing power here.

Locate the thick black/red stripe wires in the small white connector in the engine bay fusebox (should be four of them in total) and link them all together, you may well find it runs after that presuming there is no immobiliser.

If you end up hitting a brick wall, send me both 3s-fe and 3s-ge looms and i will make them plug and play.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Oct 2017
    UK
    Thanks for your help, checked all the wires in EB1 as we did join together but the 3 ignition wires weren't connected completely. Once done it fired right up. It has some idling issues but need to trace the vsv wires and vacuum lines to get it back normal.

Was starting to hit my head against the wall as it was all connected as per wiring diagrams. What a little overcheck with a multi meter can do for you.

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    You're welcome, happy to have got it running for you.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

•