Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nearly done !!

Nearly done !!

Hi Guys, it has been a while but have finally found the time to get the mr2 stripped and painted

I have only one issue to overcome if anyone can help? the car has decided to stop running.

I changed the fuel pump before the bare metal repaint as it had seized due to being stood for a long time and it ran beautifully one refitted and fresh fuel put in :)

I have driven it in and out the workshop for the last few months whilst working on other cars and now it has decided to stop running.

It turns over and attempts to fire once then nothing? It has lost the engine warning light on the dash so I am unable to check the fault codes, if it helps sometimes the light flickers and that's when it will attempt to fire.

As usual any help would be much appreciated as want it mot and on the road again.

How do I upload pictures to this post as it says my quota has been exceeded???

Many thanks Alex.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi Alex can you tell me which engine you have and if the engine was removed during the respray?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

If the engine light is flicking my guess is either the afm (if its a rev1/2) is playing up or the capacitors are leaking in the ecu

Normally I would agree with those guesses, but they won't prevent code retrieval.

I think I know what is going on but need the questions answered above.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

When my rev 2 turbo afm failed i couldnt get any codes. Replaced it and all was good.

Hi paul it is the 3sgte engine and it is a 91 car, engine was left in and had been running beautifully but has just given up, though it was fuel to start with and maybe the gauge was faulty after being stood, car has only done 35,00km, removed afm and still wont start, have also changed ecu for another unit to try and still the same, even removed the selca immobilizer thinking it was that, i have been told by the mechanical garage by me that it could be the crank position sensor in the dizzy??

Hi, the key to this is the lack of check engine light.

As a starting point check the earth point on the back of the inlet plenum, there's a 10mm bolt under there securing some grounds. If that ground is poor you will get no CEL and no starting.

Try that first as it's free without any parts spend.

Evening Paul I will try it tomorrow and let you know thanks, how do I post pictures of the car on here as it says my allowance has been used up when trying to upload pics?Thanks Alex.

Use an external host like Imgur to store the pics and hotlink their locations here with [ img ] [ /img ] tags around it.

Thanks Paul, ive cleaned the earth you mentioned and also every other earth point on the loom, and the engine light came on and faded away, allowing me to have one fire then dead again.

Thanks
    Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast