Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIN needed

VIN needed

I'm trying to locate axles for an s54 trans but my local Toyota dealership can't look up any parts without a VIN number, or perhaps if someone knows the part number for the left ands right axle?

Thanks

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    You really don't need a VIN, all of them are the same fitment.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

yea i told the parts desk lady that they should be the same for all 2nd gen n/a MR2s, but she claimed not to be able to look up availability without a VIN number to use for some reason.. very frustrating.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Just grab the actual part numbers from toyodiy and order that way, or if you can wait until Monday I will get you them.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

if you could send me some with the other stuff youre sending my way, itd be another huge favour that i would appreciate massively. I cant seem to find any for under about 500 pounds that include the inner shaft, several for 1st and 3rd gen tho, figures.. I have found a few axles available but only the cv's, not the whole assembly

Haha i hope i didnt misunderstand you there. Even the numbers would help though, if thats what you were offering! Perhaps it could help google find them :icon_biggrin:

so if this seller is to be believed, all these axles will fit the mr2?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TRQ-CV-Joint...VaxNmI&vxp=mtr (scroll down a bit for list of compatibles)

that makes me wonder if the inner axle on the auto 1mz camry will fit? Or is that just way too good to be true.

this guys using a e153 inner shaft mating up with na mk2 shafts: (its a celica forum, but interchangeable shafts, or so i understand)
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/thr...shaft-question

The driveshaft in that pic looks like an n/a shaft not a turbo, is that what you needed? If you're using an S54 gearbox then I'm not sure how turbo shafts come into it. Also not convinced that it would be the whole end to end driveshaft anyway for that money.

I did look at using Camry shafts before, they differ quite a bit so I gave up on it, it only needs to be a few mm to long or short and it will cause issues (even if you could swap out the ends for the correct ones).

Chris.
    Last edited by cdwood2010; 08-04-2018 at 10:29.

*single tear of frustration

This is killing me boys. People around here have no taste, junkyards are full of shitty cars that nobody I their right minds would invest their time in fixing. Toyota themselves claim i shouldn't have high hopes for tracking down mr2 axles. Getting pretty bummed.

Today's the day my PayPal should go thru tho and should be getting some bits from St Paul soon, hurrah!

Price up shipping for a pair of shafts using parcel2go.com, find a pair of what you need, send them to my house, I will send them to you. Won't be cheap, but won't be that bad hopefully.

Open a beer, chill.

:)

That was the problem i was having, simply locating both sides was proving problematic. I think i found a guy south of the border in Virginia who has the axles! Deitys be praised! Instead of searching Google for what i needed, i searched for forums and then combed thru several. Took most of my morning to find but im a bad internet sleuth, and now i think my to-buy list is complete. Thanks so much for your offer tho cd, i dunno why Canadians have a rep for being so nice, you and Pauls generosity and offers to help have gone above and beyond anything I could've hoped for.

Cheers boys! I'm off to the pub for lunch, armed with this fantastic news!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast