Thread: 3vz turbo injector type help needed.

3vz turbo injector type help needed.

Hi all, hope this is in the right place if not please move or let me know where to post it.
    Im in the middle of turbo charging my 3vz build that I completed last year. When Ive made enough progress I’ll start a build thread incase it helps some one else out.
    Im just looking to find out if 2jzgte supra injectors fit the 3vz? I think the 7mgte 440cc ones do. But Im struggling to find a set of them for a fair price. I really dont want to run 315cc injectors at 7 psi. Because I think they may run lean on WOT. Any hints or help is most appreciated

My 1mz is currently away for supercharging I've got the trd charger with a 5.5psi pulley fitted and I've gone for the 310cc 2jzge injectors at the recommendation of Patrick Chambers. I can't imagine you'll need much bigger injectors than that, but I'm fitting an aem afr gauge just to be on the safe side

Sorted now managed to find a set of 440’s in france for a cheap deal with the postage.

Out of interest what management do you intend running?

There're some changes coming to the MOT in may this year that'll make it a lot less friendly to anything running non-standard management (or stock management that shows a warning light due to being hooked up to a vehicle that isn't equipped with everything the donor had). Plenty of cars are going to need "friendly" MOT testers in order to stay on the roads :(
    Last edited by AlunJ; 05-02-2018 at 18:42.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

Im running a stock ecu and a apexi safc2. So no lights on the dash other than standard. I even took the time to graft a uk rear fog light into my dash cluster to keep it oem. Lol. I dont think mine will be affected as my 2 is a very early jdm rev 1.

Ahh - just checking.

SAFCs are fine, as you'll still have stock engine warning lamp functionality with the piggyback. It's more problematic for those running full standalones. As currently written the "engine warning lamp functioning and not indicating errors" requirement coming in May covers all MR2s. That might change if they amend the wording, but it's gonna be a pain for people either way.

If your using stand alone ecu. I reckon you could just wire the eml bulb to the oil or abs etc. So it lights up with key and goes off when the engine is started.

ABS warning lamp crosslink would work for some of the mk2s and the mk3s, but on mk1s and non-abs equipped mk2s linking to the oil pressure warning lamp wouldn't work (as the engine warning lamp has to extinguish without the engine running). I'm looking at timed switching for the lamp to fake a working warning light and it's startup procedure. Like I said, was more of a question than anything else, as there's nothing more irritating than finishing a build then finding they've changed the MOT regs so it'll no longer pass due to something with zero safety or emissions implications :p

I'd be surprised if a thread doesn't pop up soon addressing the issue and coming up with some workarounds, as it's something that'll have to be taken into account on some peoples future builds.