Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Mr 2 ZZW30 choice of suspensions

2000 Mr 2 ZZW30 choice of suspensions

Hi

I would like to change my suspension : i am hesitating between Koni sports shocks inserts with shorter springs and Bc racing coilovers ; has someone tried both or one of the others ? pro's and con's; thanks for your help

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi Dom, personally i am done with coilovers on any car, i find at my age it's just not comfortable enough and the ride is always too harsh. Having said that the BCs are about the most forgiving setup in the coilover range, but i personally feel on a road car they are pointless.

Konis have always been excellent on any Mr2, their inserts/springs give a firmer than stock ride but not too harsh, that would be my choice.

Pros of coilovers are that they offer height and spring preload adjustability, which is the con of normal shocks/springs, you are stuck at whatever height the spring dictates.

I would still choose the Koni route though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

thanks Paul for your wise advice. I have another question....I was going to get semi slick tyres, but i think they are probably very dangerous on the wet, although legal. What are the best tyres if any for very good handling on dry roads, and not too bad handling on wet ? thanks

I used to run on toyo T1s, gook in the wet, shit on the blanket in the dry....
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I've found Michelin pilot sports to be outstanding in all conditions.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

and they are french....(or used to be):icon_lol:

I like Meister R coilovers on my Mk3. Better than the BC's I used to have on it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Mk1 3VZFE White
    Mk2 3SGE Red (TRD2000GT No.0001)
    Mk3 2GRFE Blue

hi, thanks for your comments, in which ways they were better than the bc coilovers ?

More comfortable on the UK roads. And I spec'd the softer springs for the BC's

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Mk1 3VZFE White
    Mk2 3SGE Red (TRD2000GT No.0001)
    Mk3 2GRFE Blue

Quote Originally Posted by ayresyboy View Post
    More comfortable on the UK roads.
    I can second this, I have a set on my MK2 MR2. They replaced Yellow Bilstein shocks. I difference was noticeable, the Meister R coilovers are more compliant over the small bumps. They're designed in the UK, so the valving has been setup for UK roads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast