Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Project Valtezza

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The plan is to sell this one as soon as the big 'un is finished, it's so much fun, not the quickest car by any means but definitely the funerest.

I've been slowly upgrading the Robin Hood during the Valtezza build, i ditched the Twin 40 webers it had on, which sucked arse running wise, i just couldn't get it running right on those damn things, and instead i converted it to run on ZX10 bike carbs and made an aluminium airbox for it, she pulls sweet and clean now, one of the best mods i've ever done, i'd highly recommend bike carbs to anyone looking to simplify their fuelling.

With the filter on it just clears the radiator fan, which is blasting air in that area, it's about as neat as i can get it, but this engine bay is never going to win any beauty prizes.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Bit like you then Paul :laugh2:

Listen to Brad Pitt there :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Does it work? Yes
    Does it fit? Yes

Does it need to be pretty? No, Because fast beats pretty.......
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Does it work? Yes
    Does it fit? Yes

Does it need to be pretty? No, Because fast beats pretty.......
    So what's wrong with being fast and pretty? they are not mutually exclusive :icon_wink:
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    So what's wrong with being fast and pretty? they are not mutually exclusive :icon_wink:
    Nothing wrong with fast and pretty, alfa 8c....

But, its not outwardly visible, so doesnt need to be pretty...lol

The weirdest thing just happened, bear in mind i've altered the length of my frame to an unspecified length, mounted the engine/gearbox where i best think it needs to be ie a random position, mounted the diff where i want it, again not a measured distance..... so I measured the gap between gearbox and diff and i sent my Altezza prop away to be made the correct length to suit my project which i was due to collect on Thursday.

Wandering through the workshop, i spotted a propshaft, from some obscure Toyota or Lexus i've accumulated over the last 20 years, it's the only propshaft i have here..... and thought that looks very close to what i need, would you believe i offered it up and it is an absolutely perfect fit into the gearbox, onto the diff and the perfect length!!!

I quickly rang the machine shop and asked them to cancel my prop order, luckily they hadn't started work on it, i don't think i will ever be luckier, what are the chances of finding a random prop that just fits on a custom built kit car?

The swap gods weren't just smiling down on me, they were giving me a full blown reach around!..... I will never be luckier.

Last edited by Paul Woods; 08-08-2018 at 16:14.

Its only a reach around, if the gods are in the back already.....

Thats just fortunate.....

That's definitely a big stroke of luck! Lets hope you get many more reacharounds...

So I've now hung the Altezza LSD, it's mounted on its original mounting rubbers so NVH should be minimal.

Coming to the end of the fabrication stage now.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast