Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Blade

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Project Blade

A first time conversion for us, this car actually exists from the factory but so rare and unobtainable that our customer needs us to build him one.

The patient is a Toyota Auris D4D, and the weapon of choice is a 2gr-fe!

Now believe it or not the Auris is available in Japan with a 2gr already fitted to it, and it is called the Toyota Blade, all i can say is what a car that must be.

So we won't be able to order Blade conversion parts because things are slightly different to a Uk D4D model, wiring looms etc, so this will be a bespoke one off.

Lots of pics etc coming soon....

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

We could by the blade(was 4 pot) or blade master(2gr) here....still kinda heavy at 1600kg though, which is a lot for a corolla

If it was a couple hundred kg lighter......
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

What gearbox - doesn't the blademaster have slushbox ?
    Great idea but a bit pricey for a sleeper. Home grown or commissioned by a client ?

EA61 that comes in the d4d, a customer has asked us to build it after being turned away countless times.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

So this is what a D4D engine bay looks like first thing on Monday morning.....

And this is what it looks like on Monday afternoon....

That's a pretty big bay once all of the crap is out of the way, time to insert some 2gr goodness.

nice work! carrry on....

Finally got the fabrication stage out of the way and the engine hung, i had to relocate the starter motor flange and the wiper scuttle panel needs modifying too, but it fits in there quite well, i can see what Toyota were thinking..... this thing is going to fly.

Hi
    Can you show pictures and explain how you convert the EA gearbox to mate it to the 2GR engine
    (starter housing, and Clutch/realease bearing extension)

Thanks

The EA mates to the 2gr, same BH pattern and dowel location, there is just a small amount of BH to remove at the top where it fouls the engine. Starter housing is done in house here using my special jig, there is no DIY option for that.

Clutch is Mr2 turbo spec with Evora TOB and extension.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast