Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Accepted! 1991 Turbo 'Two Gets a 4th Gen 3SGTE!

Ok, I'll hang on to it. :)

Got the email today- the harness and converted ECU are SHIPPED!! That means in a very short time, this engine will FIRE! Oh man, this is going to be cool.

#excited!

The Conversion Harness arrived today. Great. Looks good, everything fits and even has the little clips to hold in in place. It was $474 with shipping.
    They did forget to send my ECU back, but I've already emailed them- I'm sure it'll turn up.

Being as this is the first turbo car that I actually left the turbo engine inside of, rather than V6ing it-

And it's been a while since I did one of these things- I had a few questions for the Toyota Turbo pros-

I can't remember what to do with these- I think I plugged them, but if I remember right, I don't want to build up fuel pressure in the tank?

OK -Thanks, Got it :)

The conversion harness is nice, happy with that.

Last edited by Grenade; 07-02-2018 at 14:05.

The top pic is the fuel tank evaporation lines. Would normally run through a charcoal canister, I believe you can just connect them together and let it vent to atmosphere if you wanted to.
    The hard-line on your RH strut is your vaccume line for the brake booster, should just connect somewhere on the intake.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martin42006 View Post
    The top pic is the fuel tank evaporation lines. Would normally run through a charcoal canister, I believe you can just connect them together and let it vent to atmosphere if you wanted to.
    The hard-line on your RH strut is your vaccume line for the brake booster, should just connect somewhere on the intake.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember, it's been nigh on 5 years since I messed with one of these.
    Thanks !!

I found a few pics- I see what to do with all of it. Today my son and I put the engine in the car. Fits like a glove!

I do have the rest of the piping worked out. This is not an unusual swap. Mny people have been doing this same thing, for 5-7 years. Lots of data out there.

Meanwhile.. Ok- it's way below zero outside. Sorry for the blurry pictures, my phone is utter rubbish in low light. Well, mostly rubbish in any light. But, here are some images of the engine in the car, and the state of the old engine..

If you could move the intercooler to the other side it may help, over the trans with some ducting, to shorten the pipe runs.....

Otherwise it more hose to fill with air, unless your changing the plenum?
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

The pipe runs for the intercooler aren't that bad, lots of people use the stoc IC. If you look at other gen4 3sgte MR2 images, you can see how it's arranged. It looks kind of cool actually. I ordered all the fittings and pipe, about 120 usd. Arriving this week. :)

As it turns out, I needed to buy an ST215 ECU for the Caldina engine. So if you use one of these engines, be sure to get an ECU along with it. Would have been nice if the people that made the harness were interested in helping someone, rather than selling them something. They might have mentioned that, rather than assume I know everything that I needed. Whatever, I found one and someone gave me a fair price on it.
    Where? Fleabay or FB? Nope, FB is largely useless and Fleabay is annoying.

I went to an MR2 forum. A nice kid had one, and sold it to me for half of what I could get it elsewhere. So that turned out nice. Maybe this car will run this weekend. :)
    -P

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast