Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Challenge Accepted! 1991 Turbo 'Two Gets a 4th Gen 3SGTE!

Oh- you're right about that. I probably should've done that before I put it in the car! (aw crap you guys are always right) :)

But undoing the loom to find the wire defeats the purpose of buying a ready made loom.....

Have a beer, send the hate mail:)

He is a service provider, you are a customer....you may not always be right, but he needs to support his shoddy work
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I totally agree, there is no way i would get away with supplying a harness that didn't work as plug and play.

In a worst case scenario they should be onhand to give 24/7 support, there should be no wires for the customer to connect on a plug and play loom.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Oh yeah, I had to leave three messages on the phone line, supposed to be a brick and mortar business location- if so, where's the phone answering chick? Also, the emails came in slooow, every 2-3 days. After I paid of course. Before I paid, they were almost instant.

Whatever- they suck and I've learned a valuable lesson. Ignore that place, from now on.

Meanwhile- that little car came out awesome and it has renewed my love for those things. Imagine a Ferrari V6 from a new Alfa Guilia in one...

Anyway- Here's the video update on the garage, the build and some "in Car Footage" of it. I'd love to send a container full of these Gen4 engines across, just for the fun of it. They seem easy enough to get over here. No idea if it's worth doing.

Video Update:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Yes that's the tacho wire, I have no idea what the signal wire Is, maybe the guy that built the harness should be answering that.
    So found out that the 3 loose wires are for a tach adapter. He said its cos the clocks don't like the newer signal. But of course Paul already explained the fix for that. Kinda makes sense but would have been nice to be asked first.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Oh, so he's using the MSD tach adapter or something like that? Why on earth? All it needs is a simple resistor bypass and it works perfectly.

It's actually harder, more expensive and more time consuming to wire in using a tacho adapter than just soldering in a bridging wire to the tacho board..... i really don't understand why anyone would go that route?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Yeah he said the MSD, I'll just solder my dial.

Well sometime this summer I'm going to take care of his tacho- We stay in contact and he's been driving this thing everywhere-
    He's got miles on the swap and is very happy. He says the car and I quote "Is a Rocketship"

Haha, I'm glad he's happy!
    He has spray painted a few things, not sure why- and he's added a few zip ties here and there, really should have left it alone, but hey- He's having fun.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456