Hello chaps
I have been snooping on here for a while now asking questions and searching old threads for info for my V6 conversion.

This is project Sky, i have a project thread over on MR2OC where i did all the restoration up to this point but thought i would start a thread here aswell since there is a bit more of the conversion community.

So I kept my eye out and found an RX300 going cheap and it was only a hour away.
Here she is back home

Just to cut down a long story i got the engine, wiring and (i think) all necessary parts from the lexus shell. I did remember the vacume cylinder from beneath the battery tray.
So here is the engine

And the necessary wiring

I have also removed the cruise control control box and stalk from under the steering column, i understand it wont be easy to add the CC but i like a good challange, thats probably why im doing this conversion in the first place.

I have decided after seeing how well the engine ran that it really doesnt need a rebuild right now so i will table that plan for another day and just focous on getting it tidied up, in the car and running.
Im stripping it down to the head and block so that i can clean and paint/powder coat all the ancileries ect.
I started by pulling the plugs, as im sure your all aware the LH bank is always neglected on these and this time is no different. the plugs in the LH bank were rusted in place and squealed the whole way out. You can see the difference between RH and LH bank

Considering the age of the plugs they still look pretty good.
I continued the strip down and got the gearbox off, stand bracket on and liften onto the stand so i could move it into the warmth of the workshop.

I intend to give the engine an extra special service including timing belt ect. so i have got it stripped down to this point, there is still more to come off but as i clean bits up i will be starting to build it back up. I do have a sand blaster so will be using it where i can for brackets ect but the cam covers will all be cleaned by hand after @rainen's escapades with bolting the baffles back in, something i have done before on another engine.

Im hoping since i have alot of wiring work to do that i will be able to do a tuck and make it look a bit tidier when the engine cover is off as im not a big fan of engine covers. Has anyone relocated the assembly of VSV's sat right on the top as it makes it look a bit scruffy, i cant see it beeing a problem as its just wiring and vacume hoses. If anyone has different info then let me know.

I have plans to fit a MK3 LSD and extended 5th gear to my old NA box as it need opening and checking anyway. The manual from Paul Woods will be very usefull here.