Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What clutch for 2GR swap

What clutch for 2GR swap

So the container ship with my 2GR has docked and I’m now waiting for customs to do their bit so I can get it shipped to my door.
    So I’ve been thinking about some of the bits I’m going to need and thought about clutches.

Now on the 3S I used an exedy twin plate which I still have but kinda thinking that it’s 1, a bit overkill and 2, it’s a solid centre plate and I’d like something more suitable for the street.

So I thought I’d ask the collective mind what clutches they recommend for 2GR use. Want something that has reasonable life.

Also is there anywhere doing the Fidanza flywheel for the V6 in the uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fitted a 6 puck ceramic mofo on mine, Paddy sorted it for me with the clutch cover and bearing, can't remember the make but it's reasonably easy to drive, and you can drop it all day.

My fiddy came from monkey wrench in the USA iirc....

C.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The best clutch for the 2gr is the Helix Autosport, clamps well and feels OEM, second place goes to the Exedy stage 1, slightly cheaper but a little heavier feel than the Helix.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cool. Thanks for the input
    Are helix better for life now?
    Only asking as we used to fit a lot of the 4 puck ones in GT4’s and they only ever lasted about 18mths before being worn out.

I would avoid anything that is a puck or paddle type, they tend to be hard wearing on flywheels and chatter which is just horrible, and definitely avoid anything that doesn't have a sprung centre. I haven't had a good experience with any puck type clutch in the past.

I haven't had longevity issues with any customers 2gr clutch with either the Helix or Exedy stage 1, they seem to be holding up to years of abuse just fine, it's all relevant to how they are driven of course.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Sweet cheers Paul.

BTW I take it both the helix and exedy are organic?

Yes indeed, perfect for street use, paddles are for canoes :)

Haha yeah although I needed a cerametalic one for the 2.2.
    That’ll be one exedy twin up for sale soon then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast