Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a 1mz-fe vvti

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Thanks Ben, yes that is indeed a service i offer, mainly because there is no guide on that wiring due to the differences in mr2 wiring across revisions and also differences in rx300 wiring, it becomes almost impossible to write a guide due to the variations of both, you literally need to sit with both looms and reference manuals open and join A to B on a wire by wire basis.

You can use my original 3vz guide as a rule of thumb for connecting the various systems up and how to test each one, but it is only the theory and test proceedures that would be relevant.

I complete 20-30 looms per year for homebuilders, it takes all of the pain out of it, literally plug everything in and turn the key.

Flywheel is a case of either buying a V6 manual flywheel from the US, or i can machine your NA/Turbo flywheel to fit.

Here to help with anything you need.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

My build included the Woodsports wiring loom and modified NA flywheel amongst other things. I,ve had two wiring looms built by Paul over the years and he does a first class job. My last one was nicely put together and was a perfect fit. They really are plug and play and allow you to focus on other parts of the build. It’s one of the few jobs on the V6 conversion I’ve not tackled. Of course many others have so down to which way you wish to go on your build. Looking forward to your build thread.

Thank you for the kind feedback on my looms Nigel.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks for the responses. I will be having a intake and engine mount from you Paul when the time comes but was wanting to do the wiring myself so if it's just a case of following the two diagrams to make one loom then I should be good. Might also get you to mill my NA flywheel.

What about engine parts? I'm wanting to do a full rebuild but struggling to find suppliers for gaskets and bearing shells. Will it be a trip to Toyota?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Yes i ONLY use Toyota, other people skimp it and buy cheap Ebay parts, including some garage conversions i know of and it always ends in failure sooner or later. Works in the short term, fails in the long term. I know it's costly but i cannot stress the importance of using Toyota parts only for all gaskets/seals and bearings.

On Twobrutal the advice will always be do it once and do it properly.

On the wiring just examine both pinout diagrams for the Mr2 and the Lexus and cross reference the systems.

Ok i will try get them from toyota where possible.
    Do you happen to have a manual for the lexus or know where i will be able to download one.
    I also understand that the ECU will bring up an check engine light as there will be no gearbox and i heard that this can be fixed by bridging some of the gearbox sensor pins with resistors, is this the case?

You get several codes come up relating to the gearbox. I’ve had a go at the resistor method without any real success on my non VVTi conversion. My check engine light wire is therefore not connected on my current project. I therefore check for codes on a regular basis with the my Autel reader.

The codes that come up are:

P0753 - Shift Solenoid A
    P0758 - Shift Solenoid B
    P0768 - Shift Solenoid D
    P1760 - Refer to Manual

Think you also get another code come up when you drive the car.
    Last edited by rainen; 17-12-2017 at 10:51.

Hmm might not bother connecting it up then.

Collected the lexus this morning and am very happy with how the engine feels and sounds.
    Looks fairly tidy aswell.
    Now trying to decide if I should just get it tidied, in and working with a view to rebuild at a later date depending on results of compression and leak down tests.

Does anyone use an obdII monitoring system?

I’ll second Paul’s work he swapped my car from a 2ltr automatic to a 1mz fe vvti manual
    Top work and after sales
    Car is now smiles per gallon [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
    I’ll second Paul’s work he swapped my car from a 2ltr automatic to a 1mz fe vvti manual
    Top work and after sales
    Car is now smiles per gallon [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea I know Paul's work is spot on and I will be using some stuff from him.
    I thought about getting him to do the conversion but the waiting list I understand is quite long and I enjoy a challenge and have done quite a bit of engine work over the past few years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast